Electric puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom0

ok I think thats it.

enginebayzoomin.jpg

enginebay.jpg

motortogearbox.jpg

so what do you think? I know it looks small even small than the gearbox but don't be fooled I'm expecting it to 90mph. :lol:

ha that is mental liking the idea mate how many batterys does it run off how do you charge it n how long does it run for :eek:k: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I spent part of last week driving the Nissan Leaf

Electric motoring is a very weird experience. The silence, the initial thrust, the lack of an gears. Odd, but strangely addictive.

If the car wasn't stupidly expensive, and the range so restrictive, I'd really like one. I therefore follow the progress of the electric Puma with huge interest.

amazing! i really want to do one of these myself one day, hopefully into a vx220

whats the spec of the motor, where did you get it and how much??? :)

try looking at this
http://www.everything-ev.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

its where I got my motor from. I did buy one of their conversion kits. so its all designed to be in a car. Its pretty expencive but do renember it costs as much as a car. they can build it for you, but its more fun doing it yourself. it saves you a bit more money aswell.
the motor was a little expensive £1500, but it is new and one of the good motors to go for.

I got my car for £400 and still need to sell the working engine, but haven't finished stealing parts from it yet.

Are you planning to run the PAS pump off a pulley on the rear of the motor?
If so them maybe add a small vacuum pump to keep the servo working on the brakes.

How many kW is the motor!?

How many cells have you got to power the motor an how heavy is it all?

P.s I really like this!

Latest posts

Back