engine warning light

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deejames

Hi Everyone,

i had the engine warning light come on last night, and after topping the coolant up it went out - i`ve checked through the posts on here with reference to the light and see that i can relate to a few things so i just wanted to check i`m ok - should i be worried at all?

How low was the coolant? sounds like it was just running low? I think that would throw up an engine light (not 100% certain on puma tho). I wouldn't worry to much unless it happens again then you must be loosing water somwhere :eek:k:

thanks for that slayllian - i think it may be down to me not topping up enough after fitting the HCV. I will keep an eye on it :thumbs:

martinthrapston said:
puma doesnt have a coolant warning light

this was the engine warning light - from what i can work out a few things can make it come on, what exactly i don`t know but i`m assuming one of is the coolant level as when i topped it up the light went out

as i said the puma does not have a warning system for the coolant system,it might be a sensor starting to go,put dash into diagnostic mode and get the tdc code........

martinthrapston said:
as i said the puma does not have a warning system for the coolant system,it might be a sensor starting to go,put dash into diagnostic mode and get the tdc code........

ah, with you now - hold trip button down turn key etc, cheers for that i shall have a look tonight

martinthrapston said:
Bollocks!!!! You didn't say that at all :p

martinthrapston said:
puma doesnt have a coolant warning light
What you said is two different things - senile old git :p

update - nothing showed up on the diagnostic test and the light has stayed off, no idea what made it come on if it was n`t the water level

dash diags wont tell you anything to do with the engine, they produce only faults to do with the dash and dash electronics. You need a proper obd scan, however as the light is now out it probably wont tell you a lot, wait for it to come back on again

ScubaSteve said:
dash diags wont tell you anything to do with the engine, they produce only faults to do with the dash and dash electronics. You need a proper obd scan, however as the light is now out it probably wont tell you a lot, wait for it to come back on again

cheers for that Steve, i was going to look into getting and adapter and the software to do a proper odb scan at some point, may have to do it sooner rather than later

Back