Frozen Motorsport Ford Puma Cup Car 01

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loads of parts have now been purchased and plenty of work to cover during December to be going on with. Regulatory parts starting to filter through during the rest of the month so will see more movement in that area.

So I've managed to get hands on the car now.

First began with stripping out the majority of the interior but still plenty of work remaining for the inside of the car.

I then made a start on the engine bay, stripping it down, giving it a good clean up, a service on the engine with new seals and gaskets and some service items, along with the cooling system being updated with silicon hoses and a new radiator. All the air-con components were removed along with the heater matrix components before putting it back together, so currently it is 95% complete with just a new battery, new ignition leads, new breather filter and some clamps to go.

Sound deadening finally came out of the car

DSC_0155_zps38fb6b3f.jpg

And then we hauled her up to Birmingham to get the roll cage fitted and painted

DSC_0157_zps8b86357d.jpg

What was Mac doing while you were stripping the sound deadening? ;)

:?: Are you getting the whole thing resprayed or just the cage & interior?

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
Hi,
Looks like a lot of work, not in the best of working conditions either. Well done.
I am following the project with intrest.
Regards

There has been many a wet day in and around the car.

Andrew Hebron said:
What was Mac doing while you were stripping the sound deadening? ;)

:?: Are you getting the whole thing resprayed or just the cage & interior?

Amanda did help... she held the heat gun for 20 mins... lol

And the exterior will be staying the same colour, interior and cage will be painted to suit.

Back