Frozen Motorsport Ford Puma Cup Car 01

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome cage :grin:

Whee the some points meet the floor, how do they reinforce it? I've heard you can't just weld the tubes straight to the floor as in an impact the tubes can punch straight though. Are they plated?

Ah, cool. So plated on top and underneath? Just want to know in case I decide to do my own :)

Flying Scotsman said:
moondustka said:
Ah, cool. So plated on top and underneath? Just want to know in case I decide to do my own :)

All plates are on the top so internally attached to the floor. Zoom in on the pictures and the mount points and you will see the plating.

Yea, I see - looks nice. Do they give you the plates as part of the kit too?

WOW! good rollcage! :D
if you can, remove the a/c pump and install a smaller belt! I do that and my puma works so good!

Yeah Luca, that will come in time, same sketch for one of my other Puma's.

More parts have been purchased for this month, painting of the interior and blemishes on the exterior commencing on Saturday and the build continuing.
90% of components now purchased.

Should be fully completed in 5 weeks time.

Looks mint when you compare it to the photo on the previous page after the sound deadening was removed.

I've just seen some photos of the exhaust manifolds being used on the cup cars, the design looks very interesting.

Do you have an ETA for when you expect the car back from EMC?

Bentleya said:
I've just seen some photos of the exhaust manifolds being used on the cup cars, the design looks very interesting.

Do you have an ETA for when you expect the car back from EMC?

Completion in the first week of March

Blue3 said:
whereabouts are you having the work done Mac?

Looks excellent

EMC Motorsport in Birmingham, great family run business

Latest posts

Back