FRP 591, FRP replica, plus turbo conversion project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What bore size is the pipe used on the fuel filler? Its another area of my car that needs some attention... Might order the pipe's today while im at my desk.

Little update, car is now having welding and body work done, fingers crossed il have it back in time to give it a good clean and polish before the FRP meet :)

small update, i got my baffled sump back from the powder coaters

17323945511_7ba84da4b1_k.jpg

ive not had chance to fit the baffle back in it yet

17324360365_39ace2e22c_k.jpg

also got my Lightning Motorsport ported/polished throttle body back (the paint finish wasn't all the good so i stripped it down, had it sand blaster and powder coated) i fitted new bearings and cleaned/painted the linkage

17323944101_17b4875b93_k.jpg

17298384366_ad0a0d5da5_k.jpg

17136559048_35aca5e4d9_k.jpg

also got a 3" v-band adapter for my turbo to down pipe

17298384476_d70105a3d9_k.jpg

also got a new rotary polisher, going to have good fun detailing my car wheni get it back from welding/bodywork :)

17322495422_a2b603fa2e_k.jpg

Nice, go steady with the machine polisher in fresh paint, especially black! You can easily go to far and put horrible burn marks on the paint which are a pain in the arse to get out. My brother is the master with that when it comes to getting mine machined up... always comes up good!

Think he' uses a bit of detailing spray to help lube/cool the mop heads.

absolute spot on conversion wish i had deep pockets and use of garage and tools to do this to my puma, i was thinking about getting a 2.0l engine and turboing it. Like you building it out of the car and fitting in in when everthing was complete. do you go to the puma meets as i would love to have a look at your puma!

Thanks dude, yeah puma meets are a sore point for me at the moment, I was going to the FRP meet anniversary meet and also Fordfair but I'm prob not going to either now :(

Such a shame you couldn't make it to the meet on Saturday, my son would have liked to have met you and had a look at your car.

Why is it looking like you won't be at either of the meets this year??

d170sam said:
also got my Lightning Motorsport ported/polished throttle body back (the paint finish wasn't all the good so i stripped it down, had it sand blaster and powder coated) i fitted new bearings and cleaned/painted the linkage

17323944101_17b4875b93_k.jpg

Mate, I am about to do the same with my spare TB. How did you get the bearings out?

Ta in advance

I removed the throttle plate, pulled the bar out then poked a metal rod through the inside hole and used a hammer to tap them out from the 'inside' it's a pain in the ass and very fiddly! The replacement bearings are the same dimensions as skateboards use, then cost just a couple of quid and have made the throttle action nice and smooth :)

To press in the new bearings in I just put a 17 or 18mm socket over it and gently tapped it in with a rubber mallet

Cheers, already have the bearings (got both for 3 GBP, converted). Tapping them in won't be a problem, bit getting them out might! the ID is 8 mm, what is the ID of the opening on the TB? 9 mm or more?
I though of heating up the housing in an owen; as it is aluminum, it will dilate a lot and that would help...

Ta, again!

Latest posts

Back