FRP 591, FRP replica, plus turbo conversion project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about a halfords shopin list down the drivers door for things I don't actualy have on the car? Lol, Thanks for the comment though :)

Exterior:
Front bumper, brake vent grills, centre grill, splitter, splitter brackets, arch liners, front wings, rear wings, rear inner wheel well panel, rear bumper, towing eyes front and rear (frp specific), rear wing spats

Rear axle:
30mm press car spacers, st170 rear disc conversion (including spindles, splash shields, hubs -modified to take abs rings from puma, discs, calipers and sliders), FRP hand brake cable, FRP ABS loom, I'm also running 30mm spacers that bolt to the hub to correct the offset of my wheels

Front axle:
Modified puma wishbones to FRP spec (including adjustable camber), FRP drive shafts, focus track rods, FRP knuckles with custom inserts to run coilovers, new CV joints, brembo brake conversion from focus rs, 25mm bolt on spacers to allow for offset of wheels, I also run braided brake lines front and rear, pretty much 90% of the genuine FRP parts I used were brand new and unused

Hope that helps, think that's about it!

Yeah thats what you have as opposed to the standard FRP stuff.
I was just checking if there's anything I dont have yet.

But two questions... Why are you using focus track rods and the inserts to use coilovers... did you make them yourself and what coilovers are you using?

Focus track rods are 2mm longer than the proper FRP ones which are now unobtainable plus they are easy to get and also cheap, the collar inserts I have in the FRP knuckles allow me to run standard puma shocks, so I could use anything meant for the standard puma, I currently run AP coilovers, the collars I have made by a friend

They are not cheap but they are a perfect fit and allow much more scope for getting coilovers, I can get you a set, they are £75 delivered and take 2-3 weeks, if u want a set il need payment first but il get my engineer straight on it

Love the wheels!

Superlight as well at 7.7kg......

What does a standard FRP wheel weigh that it replaced?

Keep up the good work!

Ally

standard wheel wont weigh much than those, speedline turinis which are lightweight in there own right anyway.

i have 16inch versions and they are about 7kgs

FRP doesn't come with speedlines though :( the standard FRP wheels are really heavy in comparison, I mean they feel a good kilo or two more each! Il take a look see if I can find out the weights! 7.7kg for a bare 18" wheel that with the tyre is only 2mm bigger than the standard FRP wheel and tyre is pretty good I reckon

The model of the wheel is called 'speedline' I believe confusingly made by a company called MIM

Yeah, very common misconception. You Get Speedline turini's and speedline corse turini and MIM Speedlines. The Turini name has been given to many parts amed after the Col Du, so dont be surprised to seed a lot more of the name and Speedlines included too.

I think the FRP was suppose to have the turini's but because of cost they got the 'MIM' speedlines, which im sure a forged from the heaviest alloy known to man

Yeah there is something a bit cheap looking about them in my opinion... I'll be getting rid on my set when i get home. Got a lovely second set of speedlines from Blue3 and a 3rd on their way.

Proper speedlines are tasty, I think they only come in 7" width though so Tyres are a bit of a problem as most are designed for a 7.5-8" worth rim

Hello all, sorry no updates for a while, there is progress though! ive had a bit of a 'mare getting low compression forged pistons and h-section forged rods, initialy i contacted PEC who list a 1.7 puma turbo rod and package including big end bearings for £925ish plus a reasonable £6 postage, i ordered them online made payment and sat back to wait for some tasty forged parts to turn up..... however, PEC contacted me a few days later saying there was a problem, that being that they did not have them in stock, basically they would have to make them as a custom order as they wernt in stock, ok i said, expecting to have to pay a little more to do this i asked how much, another £450 please sir, WTF! that is absolutely rediculous, a couple hundred quid i would have begrudging given but how can they justify an extra £450 on top of £925! anyway they did say if i could find two other people to order at the same time they would honour the original price, 'go F~£K yourself' was my reply, anyway after that misery i contacted Lightning Motorsport, who i should have just rung in the first place, ironicaly i have now ordered my forged low compression pistons/ rings/ H-section forged conrods/ the pistons being made by none other than Cosworth! and the Rods by PEC!!!!! hopefully they will be here in the next 6 weeks and il get up loads of tasty pics, i have also been busy with a second hand alternator, stripped it down, cleaned it, powder coated the shell bright silver, and ive just given it to a mate to rebuild, so il get some pics up soon of that too

Latest posts

Back