FRP vs 'Normal' 1.7

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
melinamotor said:
Integra DC5 is what you want, looks + power :-D

I don't like the DC5, too much like a $10k compact coupé designed for US college students...the fact the 'Type-R' stickers got bigger says it all...

DC2 however :cool:

I'm definitely not wanting to make my Puma like an FRP, there is more than one way to tune a car other than what has already been done.
Mine is tuned for fast road use and some occasional track, I want it to be fun without making you brick your pants and sweat profusely everytime you push the loud pedal as it just gets a little wearing after a while.

mikeFRP said:
However a true enthusiast will know/get the brakes serviced every 1 to 2 years at a small cost and they will be amazing for years to come.

Every 6,000 miles without fail for #296

Small cost? I've seen the sort of price you pay for one FRP Alcon disc, for that sort of money I can get two new discs and a set of pads. What the "enthusiast" then spends on a second disc, new set of pads, random bits of metalwork for the calipers and the cost of getting someone to strip them down and reassemble I spend on petrol.

Plus having driven an FRP back to back with my own 1.7 the only real advantage the Alcons give is better pedal feel than the Mondeo setup. They might also fade less but I haven't made my current brakes fade.

I can see the attraction of an FRP certainly, but I'd miss my current Puma too much doing day to day things. When it comes to a weekend toy, the FRP is not what I want from such a thing anyway.

XIIVVX said:
mikeFRP said:
However a true enthusiast will know/get the brakes serviced every 1 to 2 years at a small cost and they will be amazing for years to come.

Every 6,000 miles without fail for #296

which is one year for me :)

about the alcons, i guess its who you know. El dood off pumapeople gives an excellent service for the alcons.

About the discs, yes they are a crazy price, but alternatives are avaliable. most are shit ive been told, but Hisec do them now also. Initialy they cost the same as the alcons, however when it comes to replaceing its only the outer disc which is 80 quid.

Surely a larger disc works less, and therfore needs changing less frequently than smaller ones?

Relative to how hard the car is driven I guess.

I can't see this thread ever ending lmao

mikeFRP said:
which is one year for me

Ah, it was about every four to five months for me.

Personally I wouldn't risk leaving it for as long as a year, but then my spannerman only charged me fifty quid to do them so it was a no-brainer really.

BOK said:
melinamotor said:
Integra DC5 is what you want, looks + power :-D

I don't like the DC5, too much like a $10k compact coupé designed for US college students...the fact the 'Type-R' stickers got bigger says it all...

DC2 however :cool:

Are you mad :lol:

Agreed the DC2 is a superb car, however the i-vtec lump in the DC5 is miles ahead in the usability stakes. The DC2 is a something or nothing old school vtec lump and can be hard work to exploit. The chassis is spot on though.
The DC5 looks stunning, you are the first person I have "ever" heard critisise it :lol: as for the college student bit I fail to see where you are coming from. Your ATR was based on a boring saloon shape and as for my CTR well that looked awful :lol:

melinamotor said:
The DC5 looks stunning, you are the first person I have "ever" heard critisise it :lol: as for the college student bit I fail to see where you are coming from. Your ATR was based on a boring saloon shape and as for my CTR well that looked awful :lol:

Personal preference, neither the DC2 or DC5 are ugly but I feel the DC2 is far more focussed being lighter and more basic.

The DC5 interior, with it's 'cool' silver heater knobs and stuff is just trying too hard IMO...the DC2 has old fasioned black plastic sliding old-skool Honda heater controls! I see that DC5 values are now down to DC2 levels too.

The college student bit is I can imagine some rich kid getting one as a grad present from their parents, you know the 'I heard kids all think VTEC is hot so look what I got you, a li'l coupé with VTEC and it's got a cool hi-tech silver interior look too'...;p You know within weeks it'll have HUGE VTEC stickers on it, 20" chrome rims and a massive ICE install...
00001168_original.jpg

I'm sure the DC5 is the better car, being newer and all that, I just have no feelings towards it.

I want an FD2 anyway :p Oooh look at this red Mugen FD2 :cool: ...[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrS7YyoeEjk&feature=related[/youtube]

yeah the mugan one is nice. But isnt it 30k :shock:

no way is worth that much. Far better cars for the money

The FD2 is boring to look at though :lol: lovely car however. As usual the JDM spec cars rule, look at the fat FN2 and weep :-(
That pic was a bit extreme, Im sure there are just as tasteless modified DC2's around (ive seen some of them) . I dont disagree the DC2 is more of an R than the DC5 when it comes to purity.
Some would say old style heater controls are just that "old".

I think we agree on one thing though Col, the NSX is just pure sex :-D

melinamotor said:
I think we agree on one thing though Col, the NSX is just pure sex :-D

Sure is. When I win the lottery the NSX-R is the first car I need to track down... :cool:

Latest posts

Back