Gas Struts

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thfc

Hi,
Does anyone know if these will be any good http://www.cargasstruts.co.uk/car_boot_bonnet_gas_struts.php/cPath/1/products_id/799?osCsid=cc78aa159eabe061406d7523c04304b0%22" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also does anyone know if it is hard job? Thanks.

Never really tried removing them but if you get them let us know how good they are and how good a match.

Also, I'm sure one of the Puma ones has a connector on it for something electrical (can't remember what) so keep us informed as they look a good price ;)

Those with a 3rd brake light, should only fit a OEM as these are designed to carry a current, where as after market ones may not.

Yeah, that's why I asked as I thought they were a cracking price if they matched.

I'm guessing they probably won't have that connector though as they're probably sold as single units of one type and not a pair/set, but even so, one would probably help a fair bit if both are getting tired.

Mine only work properly when it's nice and hot.

You won't want it to open automatically when it's lashing it down and all the water on your hatch goes all over your shopping when it's opened :lol:

Dal said:
You won't want it to open automatically when it's lashing it down and all the water on your hatch goes all over your shopping when it's opened :lol:

Yeah thats a point. Probably best just leaving it then lol

I was going oto change myne for the same struts but had not idea the +12v for the 3rd light went through one of these. I wonder if just changing the one that does nothing would be enougth to get it lifting again?

Back