GBS Trackday, Blyton Park Sunday 21st September

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuonokid

Great British Sportscars are having another trackday at Blyton Park on Sunday 21st September.
If you like Lotus 7 type cars and live not too far from Blyton park (nr Gainsborough North Lincolnshire) come and have a look. I've been to two of their trackdays before and they're always good events. GBS and some owners are on hand to take people out around the track in their GBS zeros, free of charge!!!! If you fancy buying and building one Richard the owner will be there to ask for info. Anymore details look on javelintrackdays.co.uk
Barry

Ive been looking into buying one of these kits in a couple of years, Ive spoken to Richard a few times and they seem very well engineered.

Just not sure it will take my choice of engine and running gear.

Hi Jay
What's your choice of engine and running gear? I've seen all sorts in sevens from 1300 x-flows through Mazda rotaries right through to 6.6 litre Chevys.
Barry

Good man Paul. Are you up for being taken around the track in a zero?
Looks like we are going to the show at Darley Dale tomorrow but not looking forward to the weather.
Barry

Yeah, I'm up for a trip round the track. do I need to bring my own skid lid?
You may get away with a just a shower or two tomorrow, Sunday forecast looks a bit better though :cool:

Yeah that's a good idea to bring your own lid, never thought of that. The westys already dirty from a couple of weekends use so not too bothered about the wet as long as it doesn't p**s it down whilst we are on the motorway. Thank god the weather's going to be better on Sunday as it's been grey and boring here all week.
Barry

tuonokid said:
Hi Jay
What's your choice of engine and running gear? I've seen all sorts in sevens from 1300 x-flows through Mazda rotaries right through to 6.6 litre Chevys.
Barry

Well it would go in, but would have to order the kit without and engine mount points.

I want to build one with full S2000 running gear, engine, box back axle. with throttle bodies and a mental vtec redline.. 300 naturally aspirated horses!

Hi Jay
You could use Westfield engine mounts as the car they are pushing at the moment is the S2000 engined one. Basically on all sevens as far as I know mount the engines between 2 chassis rails which are filleted at each side so that gives you a triangle apprx 18"long by 4" wide at the base on to which to mount your engine. The zero kit is designed for a Sierra back axle which is man enough for the s2000 as it's only a low torque unit and LSDs are readily available for the diff. In fact just remembered there's at least one S2000 engined Zero already been built as I've seen the car at GBS HQ at Ollerton. It might even be at the trackday tomorrow.
Barry

Hi Paul
Thanks for coming and I hope you had a good day. Here's a photo of our cars together.

paulscar_zpsce233491.jpg

Barry

Ha,that angle makes the FRP look massive!!
Yeah, I really enjoyed it mate.
Shame I jinxed 2 of the GBS Zeros though :lol:

Aye Paul I think you're definitely a bit of a Jonah, it's a good job you didn't take me up of the offer of a drive in mine as I might have still been walking home now! :grin:
Barry

Latest posts

Back