Half heated windscreen not working

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy_Puma

Passenger side of heated windscreen isnt working. Drivers side is fine? Broken connection or fuse would you say? I have no owners manual so don't know where the fuse is.

There's two lots of wires that go into the screen, one left and one right. Sounds like one side has damaged / corroded wires. You should be able to see under the wiper panel. Either that of the screen connections are bust. Stick a brick through it and get another on insurance if you were an insurance defrauder lol

When my drivers side stopped working it was down to a loose earth wire under the A pillar interior trim bit.... worth checking both sides mine was only a little bit loose but stopped it working... new screw and washer sorted mine out... not a common one but worth a check too.

Dal said:
There's two lots of wires that go into the screen, one left and one right. Sounds like one side has damaged / corroded wires. You should be able to see under the wiper panel. Either that of the screen connections are bust. Stick a brick through it and get another on insurance if you were an insurance defrauder lol
Cheers totally forgot about this thread haha! Will have a look this weekend

Hello guys,
I have a lhd puma and the same problème... only the passenger side is heated
Do you have a picture showing where the wires are ?
Thx

You take the A pillar shrouds off. It is just a pulling affair, but do it carefully and heat up a bit with a hair drier or heat gun to prevent clips from breaking since it is winter time.
Each shroud is held in place by three clips: start at the top and carefully work your way down.

You can see the two of them here to get the idea of the type.

Once you have taken the shrouds off, you will be able to reach those connectors; nothing fancy about them.

Latest posts

Back