Hello from Rayleigh, Essex

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PumaHammer

Hi peoples :grin:

Got me a W reg (2000) 1.7 on Saturday and love it. Few issues, like central locking not working, so guess it's a relay or a fuse but not had a chance to look into it yet.

It's done 123k, has tax and MOT and drives really well. Have had a nosey round on here and like the look of the 280mm brake conversion, makes a change for a straight swap and no wheel change lol

Do the lights come slightly smoked as standard? If so, Are they all those same across the board?

There are a few areas of rust, and they will be sorted in due course. Any common issues I need to know about on these please?

Anyways, here's a few pics.

Cheers,

Steve.

Welcome aboard :thumbs:

You might want to check the drain tubes for the headlights are in place.

Check for rust around the axle mounting points.

Make sure cambelts been changed if its not been done for five years

most info you need is here somewhere :thumbs:

Hi and welcome! :thumbs:

Talk to Steve at Rayleigh Motorist Centre for anything you can't do yourself - the garage isn't much to look at but he's spot on.

Cheers guys :cool:

Getting cam done within the next week and will ask they guy to give it a good look underneath.

Is the Rayleigh Motorist Centre just off the roundabout opposite Queens Fish Bar mate?

PumaHammer said:
Is the Rayleigh Motorist Centre just off the roundabout opposite Queens Fish Bar mate?
It's here:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.583037,0.608045,3a,75y,91.67h,62.15t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sJvvgkghjNPhrG0u918Y2zQ!2e0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Welcome along. Another Essex member into the fold. Loads around but not so many on here.

Welcome, looks a nice motor. Iv been around Raleigh street a few time lately in alba rose ordering and collecting wedding rings. Not that far from me, takes 50 mins to get to the olds who are in Billericay. Up for any Essex meets going on.

PumaHammer said:
Cheers guys :grin:

Where in Essex are you trueblue?
Not too far down the A13. Im in Stanford le Hope.
I used to be up and down that way a fair bit but my brother and his family have just moved back this way from leigh on sea.

Welcome mate. I'm also in Essex ... Laindon, so not far from you either.

Like the look of your Puma. You'll have a lot if fun in the 1.7. Brilliant engine and fun handling. Enjoy!

Quality guys, a few in the area :)

Yeah, it is a lot of fun, loving it. Doe have some rust, but it's a Ford so totally forgive it lol

Are there any Essex meets at all?

Steve.

Yes! There will be another Essex Puma meet this year on Saturday 10th May.

There will be a thread on the meet by the end of the day.

Welcome to ProjP :eek:k:

Bentleya said:
Yes! There will be another Essex Puma meet this year on Saturday 10th April.

There will be a thread on the meet by the end of the day.

Oooh if the Puma's back on the road I may come along to this! ...However you do realise the Saturday is the 12th? :lol:

Cheers Sparx :p-)

And I will do my utmost to get to that meet. I have had many cars over the years but only ever been to Ford meets, must be in the blood :wink:

Thanks for the welcome guys, much appreciated.

Steve.

Latest posts

Back