HELP!!! Installing Double DIN multimedia stereo in Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahowes

Hey Folks!! I've only been driving my puma a week and i love it!!
I bought a Double DIN touch screen stereo with sat nav, bluetooth, ipod and the works!! Its UNREAL!! i went to fit it last night and the thing wont fit because the cage that holds the original stereo in place is stopping it fitting. if i could somehow remove that metal surround mine would fit no problem!
The thing is, the metal surround looks bigger than the hole in the dash for the radio so i havnt a clue how to get around this.
Can anyone shed a bit of light on this! im dying to get the new stereo going!!
Cheers!
Allan :twisted:

The standard Puma stereo in 1.5 din, not double. If you want a double din stereo to fit, you're going to have to start cutting the dash...

Are u serious :( but the stereo I have fits in a small bit and the holding cage for the original radio stops it going in

yea a double din deff wont fit with out some major cutting and making a new surround I guess. I nearly bought one to until I came on here. In end got a fascia adapter from ford with single din head unit.

It actually does start to fit in. I can get it in a few inches and then a piece of the holding cage from the original stereo stops it going any further

"Head units generally come in either single DIN (180 x 50 mm panel) or double DIN (180 x 100 mm panel) size."
If you measure the Puma radio case, you'll find it comes to around 90 mm high, in which case you'll need to find around 10 mm extra height for the dash aperture.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_7736" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers for that. I can return this was unit within 14 days but it so damn awesome I'll do anything to try get it fitted

did you look at my thread for my Alpine headunit got everything on it you can even fit a rear reversing camera if you want...
plus its only a standard flip front single DIN unit with 7" screen

cheers boys'n'girls

there must be someone out there that has managed to do it and suceeded! im positive i only need a TINY bit of room to get it in there!!

check out the guy from Russia`s thread - it can be done, but it`s a hell of a lot of work despite the fact it only looks like it won`t fit by a small ammount

WELL!!! it certainly wasnt impossible!! all installed now and perfect!! only had to cut a small bit of plastice from behind the dash!!

I'm wondering if that's why the pics aren't quick in coming? :|

love to be stand corrected, but usually looks a little awkward, especially with the curve of the dash.

ive fitted one :grin:
98e2d28a.jpg

278ce1ba.jpg

i took the cage out completly and bought focus double din adaptors off ebay, but when you take the cage out i cut of the 2 bits at the front so you can screw the heater controls back to, you will know what i mean when you take it out..

Loving your work with the double din.

Where abouts are you based? I'm happy to let you get your knife out on mine.

Latest posts

Back