Help with rear suspension FINIS part number

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scz4

Guys,

I'm getting conflicting info on the FINIS part number I require. The car is a '99 1.7 with the newer style rear shock, not the fork type.

I'm building new shocks all round with new Eibach springs. Ordered the "front strut top mountings" but not sure of the equivlant rear part number. Anyone know? Where can I get it from, ebay is very confusing as is the man at Ford :) The part number I have is FINIS 1023587, but I really don't think that is right.

p.s. Worth changing the bearings on the shock? Don't think so but thought I'd ask. I will also be re-using the retainers, rubber looks fine. Car has done 106k miles.

Thanks in advance.

Graeme

Yes deffo worth changing the bearing, that part number is also correct superceeded by 1101042

ScubaSteve said:
Yes deffo worth changing the bearing, that part number is also correct superceeded by 1101042

Thanks for the info Steve. I got myself a bit confused. Just checked the old parts and can see 18198 & 1023587 stamped on the rubber.. Are you saying 1101042 is the new part number?

I was always going to replace this part, didn't realise it was called a bearing, thought it was just a mounting like the front.

So two questions, should I change the bearing on the front, the small metal part (seperate to the rubber mount) and what about the retainers (front and rear), they look ok.

Id change the bearing for the sake if the few quid it costs, either part number for the rear top mounts will be correct

ScubaSteve said:
Id change the bearing for the sake if the few quid it costs, either part number for the rear top mounts will be correct

But this is where I'm confused... those part numbers are for a bearing, not called a top mount like the front is.

Anyway, I'll order the 2x rear bearings, part numbers above and 2x bearings for the front :)

It's what the Ford parts system calls it. Click on the picture to make it readable.

bearing.jpg

Dunno.why yours calls it a bearing lol mine refers to it as an insulator or something, but yeah can see the confusion

As long as I order all the right part numbers. We got there finally thanks :D :D

What's your thoughts on the retainers.. they are about £8 each.. woud rather not. Second part from the top on the right.

Back