Hi from Estonia! Puma brought home.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapsad

Hi you all!

Have been dreaming of buying a Puma since I was 14 and now I´m gonna do it :D

Going to have a test drive tomorrow, which probably means that I´m gonna fell in love with the car even more and will buy it immediately :D
Went to see the car today, but on the first round didn´t notice it and thought it was already sold, but since there´s so much snow, the car was literally buried under it. The owner now took a day to dig it out.

And because of that, I started wondering - the car hasn´t been driving for 5 months, what are the things I should be extra cautios for? It has a new battery and some other things and when I was there today, I tried to start it and it actually started within seconds. Which I think is remarkable, taking that it´s been standing there for five months and we have had over -15 degrees outside :D:D
But still, it worries me that it´s been standing for so long.
What does more experienced Puma owners think about that?

K.

They are pretty robust. I wouldn't worry over much about 5 months standing. At the end of life it will be the bodywork, not the mechanicals that will cause the car to be scrapped.

Enjoy your test drive and let us know how you got on with it.

And welcome.

Enjoy, let us know how you get on!

It's usually advisable to check the oil level and whether the cambelt has been changed at the very least!

Tere tulemast!

And, Ross, it doesn't mean "My cabbage has eaten a duck!"

Courtesy of Google again so don't blame me if it's not correct.

Tere tulemast is absolutely correct ;)

Went to see it, and oh, it felt good. Although it was just the 1,4, it was still good. But it had some things undone and as it occured, the cambelt had not been changed. Ever. But it´s driven about 135 000 km.
Tommorow gonna take on a small trip and go see another one, which seems to me the best on the market at the moment (only 4 pumas are for sale here, a rather rare car in this country).
It´s 2 years younger and has recaro´s leather interior and basically, the full package. Plus subwoofers and parking assitance. Plus almost everything that can be changed and replaced in the engine is replaced. Owner told me that it´s in a mint condition. Well, let´s see.

So by the end of this week, I gonna be a new Puma owner ;)
Oh, looking forward to!

Sooooo... Probably have just made the best choice in my life so far :D
Bought the 1,7 black Puma. It should be some kind of a special edition as well, as it's made 12/2001. But dunno what edition :D
Drives brilliantly and in a brilliant condition, got it yesterday and already driven about 600 km.
Although, when picked it up yesterday, the thing wouldn't start :D Got rather nerveous, that what the hell, already broken. But the reason was actually obviuos. Since it was -35 degrees at night, some liquids in the engine were frozen up :D

So, now, finally, a happy Puma owner.

Looks really nice, any pics of the interior?

What does the badge on the side say, under the indicator?

Not sure about the wing mirrors though, but otherwise looks lovely.

Haven´t had the time to make a lot pictures yet, so no pics from the interior. But it has recaro´s leather seats, original stereo (Y), bose speakers and subwoofer.
The badge under the indicator is the german´s ford reseller´s badge. I´ll remove it as soon it goes warmer.
And the mirrors are from I dunno where and they´re really really bad.
So I´ll replace them soon, need to find a place where to order them from.

Back