hi people.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rallyeluke

My girlfriend just bought a ford puma black. is very smart for a little car. having issues with the old girl though (the car, not the girl! lol)

random overheating issues. will post that in the technical forum though.

i come from honda and peugeot background. my current car being a Honda Prelude bb4 2.2 vtec lsd si. is an animal. 200bhp as stock and lsd thrown into the mix.

I must admit i was really surprised at how much fun the little puma is, its seriously an underated car and with my girlfriends permission im going to treat it to some compomotive MO's in white.

just a random rant.

nice forum by the way.

Welcome Luke!

They are an unsung hero of the handling world.

As with any car that's at least 7 years old now, there will be issues. Post away and we'll do our best to answer them.

:D

totally. the one thing i will say is the engine is not of a very revvy nature, it makes nice power and moves briskly though. i guess im used to vtec. lol

still i have alot of love for the puma and it has kind of restored my faith in more modern cars. for the most part i think they are generally too heavy and as such handling is compromised. the puma is great though, cant stop smiling. would love to strip and cage one and have it on bike carbs, cant imagine the wife is too keen on that idea though!

Compared to most Ford engines it's quite revvy. Probably the input from Yamaha in developing it.

They do have built in grins.. :D Great value for money too ;)

yeah to be fair thats exactly it. my car history reads:

Metro s (LOL)
106 rallye s1 (complete track weapon lots of work and money)
civic gl dual carb (fun)
Mk1 mr2 (mini f40 lol)
Mk2 golf gti 1.8 8v (lots of tsr tuning parts on her)
pug 205 gti 1.9 (very torquey)
civic 1.6i-16 (type r's great grandad)
Prelude 2.2 vtec si lsd bb4 ( japanese import 200bhp brutally fast and my current car)

welcome Luke :)

Id agree the Puma is definately an underrated car... theres sooo much fun to have in one if you find the right roads... :D
(I dont mean the dark and quiet type) :funny:

rallyeluke said:
yeah to be fair thats exactly it. my car history reads:
Metro s (LOL)

My 1st car as well! lol What a heap!

metro s for the win! remember when i took it to kwik fit to have exhaust looked at and someone had fixed a hole in the back box with chewing gum and cooking foil (you cant buy funny memories like that! was amazing car hehehe)

Hi to everyone,

I'm Luke's fiancee (Liz).... its nice to know there are so many welcoming people on here - especially as its my first ever car forum!

Can't wait until my puma is fixed and ready for me to take out again! xx

Talk soon

hello!

mate of mine loved his first car; metro & keeps wanting another!

mmmm, compo mo's....iv got some in white 6 spoke 18s with motorsport offset....have a look in the gallery for 'jacko' or 'leicester meet' if you want

Back