Jamie's Black Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After having my Milltek on 2 years now, I can say there is a definite deep burble!

He sounds like he's grumbling when he's hot on tickover..lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbe5qRotSb4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He grumbles when he's NOT hot! Think of Muttley muttering under his breath and you get the idea.

I have always heard they're very understated (hardly noticeable) in normal driving and then a rasp rather than deep roar when accelerating heard, but either way not very loud. Not saying they don't sound nice!!

That's about right Chris :eek:k: Not quite 'hardly noticeable' but certainly not chav levels of noise either.

Just nice IMO..

I'd go for a Milltek when the time comes but I don't want no shiny fat cigar tailpipe unless the car actually needs it.

I must be getting old :p

You'll be needing my 'Pulse' version then rather than the FRP 'Stealth' one Colin.

:eek:k:

Ordered the full lot from Revolution this morning, guy on the phone couldn't do enouugh for me, absolutely top service so far.

I won't say how much it cost, because I'm still getting over it myself! Can't wait until it's all fitted though so I can hear how good it sounds...

Cool, i thought you would but then the revolution site still lists miltek as coming soon.

Zenithus said:
Ordered the full lot from Revolution this morning, guy on the phone couldn't do enouugh for me, absolutely top service so far.

I won't say how much it cost, because I'm still getting over it myself! Can't wait until it's all fitted though so I can hear how good it sounds...

cool, sure you won't be disappointed with quality from what I've heard. Do you mean the cat back or cat back and manifold?

Or the cat back, manifold and sports cat for a full system?

(With decat for those non MOT days ;) )

Dal said:
Or the cat back, manifold and sports cat for a full system?

(With decat for those non MOT days ;) )

well, yeh, or that lol. I did wonder as he mentionned the cost.

I have to say, Millteks with cat back, 4-2-1 manifold and decat/sports cat sounds immense. Rasp rasp BANG! Very rally-esque.

Zenithus said:
Its the cat back, 4-2-1 manifold and sports cat. Can't wait till I get it fitted!!

Jeeesus, nice one Jamie! That's gonna sound like an old rally car! Good decision getting the full system ;) I see why you mentionned the price!

The Milltek is fitted!!

From driving home from work after getting it fitted, I know have a permanently-etched grin on my face... :-D

I'll get some pics taken when it's light.

Yay! Welcome to the Milltek club :eek:k: lol

Only thing to guy at Revolution pointed out was that the O2 sensor on the Milltek manifold is futher down the car, whereas on the standard its right up behind the rocker cover, and the wire wouldn't stretch far enough.

He said I could leave it because it should be OK, or I could get in touch with an auto-electrician. What do you guys think?

Latest posts

Back