lack of mods

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benking

Is it me or are there not many body modifications availible for pumas????????????????

All the websites i look at all sell the same things

Is there many carbon parts available???

The problem is when the original designers got it so right, and then the FRP drawings tidied it up still further, where is there to go with body mods.

Scarecly anything is available that makes it look better.

In fact I can't think of anything offhand bar de-tangoed light cluster

It is a great looking car standard, but with there being so many of them you would think more parts were available. It seems the best thing to do is try for a racing puma kit or something any ideas how much or where??

i think a skyline light conversion on the back would look the nuts
(if any1 does this now i thought of it 1st)

Racing Puma kit will set you back the thick end of £2K once you've had it fitted and sprayed

Then you've got to work out how to increase the track on the front.. it's not very cost effective, I priced it all up once :?

And whilst there are not very many mods available I find the subtle ones are what can really make it.

The indicators, side repeaters, wheels, lowering etc

dont ask u dont know. i agree the subtle mods are the way. any1 got any pics of an ott puma just for fun (like how you see them lil 1.1 corsas with wide body kits and 20" wheels)

Have a look on ebay - there's always a godawful Puma on there. Most of the time the links tend to get posted here.

Subtle is the way forward with modding the Puma. All the bodykits I've seen do not do the car any favours at all.

it just makes it hard to be different if you know what i meen, im not one for body kits and dont want my car to look like a halfords showroom. just wish there was a bit more to stand out

The problem is that one person's 'standing out' has the bulk of the population rolling around on the floor, holding their sides and thinking "What a tw*t"

c.f. Lambo doors / Lexus light clusters / mammoth spoilers / headlamp eyebrows / bonnet louvres / neon underlighting etc etc etc

I'm usually not a fan of mods but literally my favourite Puma ever is full of them.

This Puma belong(ed/s) to a guy named Lee and I think it's fantastic :)

bpanther.jpg

I'd love to get hold of it and give it a good home!

The grills on the front are nice, the rest of it? Not so much.

Look in the website collection section, in the lounge, its full of ebay links to terrible cars.

when i say stand out i dont mean a car thats been through a halfords showroom. its hard to be different as most look the same as the car is allready stunning there is not a lot to change which makes it hard to be unique/stand out from all the others

I think you need to get yourself along to a meet ben to see the different ways puma owners individualise (is that a word?) their cars.

There should be a couple of dozen at this one next month:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=21286#21286" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i like the sound of that, good excuse to clean the car and a good drive.

i do need some inspiration as well

Be good to see you there!

Bung your name down in that thread so we know to expect you. The drive is going to be fun by all accounts.. :lol:

It'll be meeting in a car park, have some lunch (just a bag of crisps or a steak meal, up to you) then a drive. Think last year was about 80 miles all in. We stop at various beauty spots / pubs along the way. Then we finish up for an evening meal in a nice noodle bar. People join and leave the meet as they want : some come later, some go early: it's completely up to you.
It's a very friendly bunch of puma loonies and a meet not to miss this year if you ask me.

i think you have sold it to me as im getting quite obsessive about pumas now
really want to go will have a think and will let you know

Last years Leicester meet is the first Puma meet I went to, year and a half later I'm on my second Puma, help run this place and seem to have gained myself an attachment in the form of Dal! It's been a great year! :-D

Back