Lambda Sensor

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zenithus

I'm finally going to get this sorted very soon, after leaving it for about a month since the exhaust was fitted...

For those who don't know, my lambda sensor wasn't long enough to join onto the new Milltek manifold, and has been tied off at the top of my engine compartment ever since it was fitted, with seemingly no ill effects at all.

So I just carried on normally. But after talking with Jacko and others last Saturday in Leicester, it could've been that the sensor just wasn't working properly to start with.

So what I plan to do tomorrow is disconnect the sensor completely and see if the engine still runs the same without it. If it does, the sensor's knackered and I need a new one, if it doesn't run OK, then all I need to do is get the wire lengthened for this one.

If the sensor isn't sensing, you may bugger up your Cat Converter.

Best to get it working.

And for Gods sake, don't pay Ford prices for a new one (£120+) when you can get a Gendan one for under £50!

http://www.gendan.co.uk/oxygen_lambda_s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... _1.7i.html

Well I think it's definitely had it. I took it off this afternoon and drove it round for a mile, even gave it a bit of boot, and the performance is exactly the same. All that was maybe different was a bit more smell of petrol.

So now I need a brand new lambda sensor, and some wiring for extension.

Fixed this morning.

The elctrician I always use thought he might not be able to do it because the wire is resitivity-sensitive, which would affect the reading to the ECU, but he cleverly got some wire from a longer lambda sensor, and re-programmed the ECU to use the new values.

Glad I finally got this all sorted, no more crappy mpg for me :D

Back