Lowering my puma?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simsimma

im planning on lowering my puma, but unsure what to do at the min. any advice? dont wna spend loads as i havnt got loads to spend, but i wnt it looking good, with it being safe too... ?

I've split your post from the FAQ thread, as that's just a guide really.

First thing to do is decide on your budget, then do a bit of research and find out what you can get for your money. Once you've done that, if you're still not sure, post up with what the different options are that you've got and get some opinions.

As for a safety factor, so long as you get a set from a recognised manufacturer and they're fitted correctly, it's not even an issue.

Eibach lowering springs would be a cheap and effective way to lower your car. They were offered by Ford as an approved option so you know they'll be safe.

http://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/puma_ei" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... it_328.htm

so its basically, get the srings, and get someone to fit them for me? easy as that, or not quite?

Easy as that. They simply replace the existing ones. I had them on mine when I bought my car and they look just like the original ones:

[albumimg]2453[/albumimg]

[albumimg]2454[/albumimg]

wicked i like the sound of that, so all in all im lookin around £200 for it all?

bout somthing like this? cheaper...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-KA-PUMA-40MM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 7C294%3A50

Maybe, but there's no way of knowing what they're like. The Eibach ones are known good quality etc.. Pays your money - takes your chance.

Don't forget to think about HOW low you want the car to go. The eibach ones aren't very low at all, but take some of that 'tiptoes' look away.

i wanted it quite a bit lower than standard really, dnt wna pay out and look to similar..any other ideas?
Dal, have u got any before and after pics of the eibach ones?

simsimma said:
i wanted it quite a bit lower than standard really, dnt wna pay out and look to similar..any other ideas?
Dal, have u got any before and after pics of the eibach ones?

Well, id check but I THINK it's a subtle drop. To really get rid of the huge gap I think around 40mm drop or more is needed.

My car in the autotrader advert when I bought it:
(On the eibachs)

puma2wlids.jpg

Now on Weitec / FRP suspension:
(With similar skinny wheels)

pumacleanside.jpg

notice a lot of difference..hmm very nice and very tempted now.
thanks for that dal, big help!

Are they 17" wheels Dal?

These are Eibach's with 15" standard wheels:

[fullalbumimg]1213[/fullalbumimg]

Yup Rick - 17s on both my pictures, so will fill the arch with more silver than 15s.

That's what I wanted simsimma to understand, it wouldn't look like yours if only on 15" wheels.
As you look at them, as you say,the 17" will visually appear to fill the wheelarch better than the 15" because of "more silver" , although the tyre diameter would be roughly the same.

Have a look at this post Simsimma for lowered on 17s / standard on 15s comparison for heights:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=21896#21896" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

see now lookin at them pictures im a bit unsure, as i only have standard 15" wheels, i maybe need it a bit lower to look better?

Back