Lowering Springs - How much to cut bump stops?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would you want to cut the bump stops? Your tyres may start to hit up inside the arches if you do.

I know lots of lowering spring manufacturers recommend cutting the bump stops on some applications and didnt know if the puma was one of them.

Looking at TyeBoi`s fitting suspension guide it looks like his rear bump stops were cut down by a few rings?

Yes- But TyeBoi(Chris) is on coilovers- Not just 40mm spings.

Those opf us with coilovers, dependent upon make of the coilovers, can set our suspension up- e.g, bump and rebound settings, ride height etc.

So if your of such a dispostion as my self, jay and TyeBoi then you can set it to the 'rock hard 0 movement dentist drill' setting.

Your set up will just lower the car, make it slightly stiffer but still allow the up and down wheel motion.

Don't cut them, like everyone else says they are there for a reason. Think, Ford never sought to cut them on those people who choose the Ford Racing (Eibach) sports suspension option did they?

Sorry I didn't make that very clear, I meant in the pictures when he was removing his springs and shocks not his new coilies.

As you say if ford didn't cut them when fitting eibachs? we obviously have plenty of travel already.

No wonder you get so much debate over this. This is the reply I got from GMAX:

The bump stops will have to be cut at
a minimum of 20mm.

Kind Regards,
Chris Noble
Sales Support

When I fitted my Spax kit I left the bump stops standard lenght and all is well with the way the car drives.

Back