lowering springs

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onevone

am i right in saying if you lower rear suspension you have to do the front aswell or is the back higher anyway and lowering it by 30 mm would even up to the front.Cheers.Rob.

Safety first with springs, after you remove the suspension legs from the car you'll need to compress the springs with spring compressors two on a spring at a time, to remove them from the legs. You have to do this carefully and equally if they come off they can cause a lot of damage to you or your car. Other than that you'll need a selection of tools jack axle stands etc

Its a technically straightforward job but you may come up against a lot of rusty siezed nuts and bolts so soak everything in wd 40 repeatedly for a week before you start. Do a thorough search on suspension springs shocks etc and you'll get an idea of what your up against.

You may also want to consider changing the shocks, and or topmounts / bearings at the same time, as lowered springs on old shocks will wear out old topmounts.

Do what I did. Fired it off at a wall and ran :p

You can actually do it without spring compressors BUT..I wouldn't ;)

You can do the fronts without compressors without much trouble, the rears have circlips and are pigs.
Got my compressors from Halfords for about £20 after struggling for 3 hours. Job done in 30 mins for both shocks with them.

Back