Michelin Pilot Exalto 2s

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter

Had a pair of these fitted to the front of my Kat this morning, running standard props and moving from a pair of T1-Rs. Paid £240 for a set of four at ATS, which turns out to be cheaper than anywhere I could find online once you factor in fitting etc. However I think it should have been less than this, supposed to be £66-67 per corner -25% for buying four.

Impressions of ATS: quick once they get to your car, not what I'd call a job done with a lot of attention to detail though. They did hand torque the wheel nuts when they finished, however balancing was done with clip on weights rather than the newer sticky sort, and was done very quickly. They don't actually seem unbalanced, however this may be more luck than anything else.

In short, would I go back to ATS? Probably not.

Immediate impressions of the tyres: a lot less road noise, I hear more engine and less rumble/drone now.
Seem to be reasonably sticky in the dry, plus it rained on the way home and they were unfased.

Hopefully these will last longer than the T1-Rs too, they did just over 8000 miles, these are reputed to be a lot better.

I like mine :D

Since you mention price, I only paid £200 for mine including fitting and balancing from tyre-shopper.co.uk (sorry!).

I have these tyres on the front and 10k later they are still going strong even with some occassional abuse!

I have Bridgestones on the rear though!

Currently listed at a price of £236 for four. So ATS have matched at the very least, and if my mental maths is correct then I'll only end up paying about £190

Peter said:
Immediate impressions of the tyres: a lot less road noise, I hear more engine and less rumble/drone now.

That's interesting.

Whilst it will be a year or so until I need tyres on the Jagdeo, the nature of the beast is that I would prefer to eliminate tyre noise, whilst ultimate adhesion is hardly a key buying factor for the replacements.

What are other users opinions?

Still grippier than the old T1-Rs, and still quiet. Going back today for the second pair

Hmm, funny you say quieter. I think my Avon ZZ3s on the front of mine are quieter than the T1-Ss I had.

Apparantly the T1-Rs have stiffened sidewalls, so are naturally a noisy tyre anyway

Latest posts

Back