Mileage counter

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyHighatrist

OK so my millie has gone in for an engine transplant today, £450 supply and fit thanks to TLC Ford in Coseley, West Mids. Originally, she was on 110,000ish but the engine going in is approx 76k. How would i go about adjusting the clocks to display this??

Thanks in advance

Nigel

I don't actually think its possible, i'm assuming yours is the digital display? The mileage will be recorded on the ECU and if its a case of it easily being changed, surely everyone would be fiddling theirs...

yes sparx is the digi one. True, if it was an easy job, there'd be loads of 30 - 50k pumas running about :lol:

thanks anyway

I think you'll just need to keep receipts and written confirmation from the new engine supplier of how many miles the replacement engine has actually done, and what mileage yours is reading at the time of fitment

It's an offence to "roll back the clock" as it not just a measure of engine use but also a measure of body, gearbox and ancillaries. The only way you can modify a odometer is to set a new one to the existing mileage.

Back