My New Puma Project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hirsty_5

ive just fetched my new puma (2nd one) going take some work but while looking under the bonnet ive seen a "pumabuilt sticker" on the the silver rocker cover is there any ways i can find out if at some point in its life it has been rebuilt by puma build

Give them a ring?

PumaBodge do sell their stickers online as well - it may be something as simple as the last owner putting it on there themselves.

I should imagine they just serviced it or changed the cambelt at some point (which might be usefull info) rather than rebuilt it

Welcome along to ProjP....

Don't listen to Neil... lol, we all have our views on PumaBuild, I for one do like them but yes, sometimes their prices can be a bit... flamboiant.

ye are a little dear suppose its up to us where we buy from :grin: think ill be rebuilding it myself, nocticed on puma-build (again) can tune the 1.7 to about 200bhp dosent anyone have any thoughts on parts to use n not to use cheers for the help

hirsty_5 said:
ye are a little dear suppose its up to us where we buy from :grin: think ill be rebuilding it myself, nocticed on puma-build (again) can tune the 1.7 to about 200bhp dosent anyone have any thoughts on parts to use n not to use cheers for the help

There are a few ways to tune the 1.7 Puma... you can tune to 290bhp but with some drastic modifications.
You can turbocharge it, supercharge it, add Nitrous or add ITB's for a few ideas, or swap the engine.

i see will is there any engine which is worth swapping too but one that you dont have to change the engine mounts (nothing to major :)

does anybody no where there is a turbo kit for my 1.7 for sale (i'm interested if its the right price ) thanks :grin:

hirsty_5 said:
does anybody no where there is a turbo kit for my 1.7 for sale (i'm interested if its the right price ) thanks :grin:

Dude.... if it were that easy everyone would have one..... I know of a place that will do two kits. 1st @ £3500 exc mapping 2nd @ £5250 exc mapping.

Or you could do the research and build your own.

haha true true next question is; how hard is it to fit a fiesta st engine into my puma :grin:

good point ... mind you what would you rather 150 or 125? ... or a few mods to get it upto 155.

does anyone no anyone who is selling a wide wheel arch kit like the one pumaspeed sell for a £1000

-front and bk bumper
-rear archs
-front archs
-blade splitter

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Racing-Puma-Splitter-2-months-use-/160840129478?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2572d19bc6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-puma-racing-st160-rear-bumper-skin-/200789565992?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AFord%7CModel%3APuma&hash=item2ebffda228" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back