My Puma.. Maximum Track Attack!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coool, im thinking about a D40 at some point, look like quality cameras for v good price too. car looking as scary as ever 8)

Also Jay...I was looking for your post about the piper cat back you put up when it was just done, can you point me in the right direction please?

god knows, i cant remeber where that is, im gonna get a video of it up soon anyway, plus there will be a video of the car being put on a rolling road, so i'l post all the details of power/torque when i get that done at the end of the month.

PumaJay said:
god knows, i cant remeber where that is, im gonna get a video of it up soon anyway, plus there will be a video of the car being put on a rolling road, so i'l post all the details of power/torque when i get that done at the end of the month.

ah ok. You don't have any other pics of it you could post up? What style/size pipe was it again? and where did you get it from (trying to find cheapest place!) thanking youuu

got he exhaust from halfauds, paid about £320 for it which is cheaper than the net once you've paid your posted and everything, will take some more photos today!

thought id update the thread with some new pics of the puma...

... been a busy few weeks with the car, i now have an FRP splitter that needs fitting aloing with a moutain of other stuff that ive got laying around waiting to go in the car.

Took it to a rolling road session where it made 126bhp and 150nm of torque, not enough for my liking so ive decided that some engine work is needed, mainly in the form of a mini cooper s supercharger being bolted onto the side of it!

also went to thorseby park ford show where i came second last year in the best focus/puma section, unfortunatly there was just too many RS's to compete with this year.

anyway less talk more pics! enjoy

DSC_0120.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

DSC_0041-1.jpg

DSC_0105-1.jpg

DSC_0104-1.jpg

DSC_0091-1.jpg

DSC_0089-1.jpg

DSC_0087-1.jpg

DSC_0078-1.jpg

Jay...

I am having a few rubbing issues with my wheels on my arch lining now i have dropped it and am running 16's. I know yours is dropped and on bigger wheels too so i thought i would ask how yours turns without rubbing??

have you removed the arch lining? and what have you done about these seals above the wheels which need knocking back for protection against a puncture?

i have discovered that the rubbing is my left wheel eating my air box... hmmm... apart from that its fine... now to deal with these seals....

answer to your question is......

.... my car doesnt deal with rubbing, its awful in my car, it eats arch liners within a few weeks, mine are destroyed, as for the seams your talking about, you can just bash them back with a big hammer but its best to get them properly removed and then have some weld put in to fill the gap just to secure everything up abit, i havent done anything with mine as of yet but it is on the list of things to do!

it wont be long before arch lining and air box have been devoured lol and its only been a week lol

i am still trying to get down to see you and the car on the thurs nights lol I will make it one day!!

yeh i know it probs would be nice to get it done properly but i might just bash it back as cash is hideously low....

I would go down the turbo route, you can get a t3/t4 hybrid turbo kit with everything fmic, boost contoller, manifold, oil lines etc. you name it you get it off a company in america. They also have a shop on ebay as well and its only about £700 i shit you not! Obvously you will need to have the maniflod modified to match up with the rest of the exhaust but thats a drop in the ocean!
if you haven't got a 421 manifold i would defiantly do this!
mini superchargers are fairly big, not very effienct & i a great deal of fabrication will have to be made to fit the supercharger to the engine...BIG MONEY!!!

well ive now decided to sack the charger off..... too much hassle for way to little gains, there just to parasetic on the engine.

options now are to fit an st170 engine and then fit tb's or an rs turbo engine, ive been offered a proven 320bhp rs turbo lump with everything including a quaife box for 3k

not sure what to do yet...

got sooo many other bits to fit to the car first its unreal, got a right pile of bits building up in the shed and bedroom lol

St170.....Had a conversation with my mate yesterday about that conversion. Deffinately the route i would go but extremely costly. But we wondered if it would cost roughly the same as trying to squeeze 170bhp out the 1.7 so could be cost effective after all

If you can do alot of the transplant yourself this will save you loads of money!
I think if your going to put that money into it though you could go the YB route??!!??

well i do know an n/a yb engine thats going, but its either cvh turbo or s170 engine, the conversion will be done by myself and a friend so its all diy, only the mapping will be done by norris motor sports

dont fit a NA yb. pointless to do really.

RST CVH is very old and dying out design so for the long term of the car its not a wise investment unless your happy to accept that when its knackered youll have to do it all again with a different engine block.

ST170 is a good engine but a bit pointless going to that hassle to gain just 170bhp when its more cost effective to do that with the current 1.7 Zetec SE.

St170 might be worth it if you intend to go turbo/supercharge it later on as theres off the shelf zetec supercharger kits and its relatively easy to go to zetec turbo taking advantage of the better ST170 engine and head when compared to a standard black top zetec engine.

oh yeah you should be able to get a standard ST170 engine map loaded onto an after market ECU with very little tweaking needed on rollers saving shit loads on mapping time.

Duratec I4 would also be a good choice and a future proof choice too as in engine terms its not even half way through its life as a production engine where as the cvh is old hat, zetec still made but at end of life. etc.

I would go Duratec, im sure you could get one a good 2litre one for a very little money where as the st170 still demand big money! Plus the Duratec is a superb platform for turbo charging, supercharging, throttle bodies the skys the limit plus parts & kits are widely available which brings costs down dramatically!

well what engine i decide on its going to be n/a with bodies, pretty much ruled out the cvh turbo engine now, i want to keep power at a reasonable level around 200bhp any more than that and i just becomes unuseable through the front wheels, im chasing lap times rather than 1/4 miles times so i needs to be a properly sorted track car.

mapping will be a custom map from norris motor sports, there the gods when i comes to engine maps on cosworths or high revving n/a engines which mine will be/

ST170 engine is still what im looking into but i may turn my attention to a 2.0 duratec engine

Back