New engine won't start

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbc1971

i have just finished putting a new engine in my puma but it won't start turns over very slowly so think the battery s to blame but don't have a spark and a clutch that feels like there's nothing there so not sure what's going on,hope someone can shed some light on my problems,thanks,jason

The clutch may just need bleeding. There should be a nipple on the bell housing (strange sentence).

as for the engine itself it could be any number of things...you got any more details on the engines (old and new) and why why you changed?

Hi yes bent the valves on my last engine this one has only done 49,000 miles 2001 ,the clutch I thought I'd bled the air out so hoping there's still some air still in there don't fancy taking the gearbox off to see what's happening if it's not that :-(

The car turns over but very slowly ,then after about 5-6 try's the clicking started, to say the battery was dead RIP

Just changed battery's on her and nothing I'm getting a spark ,checked first two leads ,I'm getting petrol to the white connection but not red does this mean anything,also put a code reader on and it shows no codes . Please help

Put a new one between the bulkhead and head but used a well rusty screw ,wanted to get it back together and that was at hand ,do you think that could be it

Certainly worth cleaning the earth strap and bolt etc but then I think I would spin it over couple of times then pull a plug to see if its wet or dry. might help point you in the right direction of any problem....good luck

The starter earths through the strap so could be, but to be honest could be a multitude of things. Probably going to be a case of trying to eliminate as many things as you can to narrow it down. Is the starter the original one or did it come with the new engine?

Should there be fuel in the top hose that has the White push connector cause mines dry but lower one has fuel coming out and I can hear the pump on the turn of my key

Sounds like an airlock somewhere in the fuel system, somewhere on here I am sure you can find out how to bleed the system.

Suggest you check through the "how to" posts, see what you can find, seems to me there should be a simple fix to get fuel flowing

Hi zinc and Barry yes there's fuel in her just over quater of a tank,so the other hose should have fuel is one a return

Latest posts

Back