Newbie selling my Thunder :(

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moomin36

Hi everyone. I am just looking for a bit of advice please, I have owned my Puma thunder now for 6 years and the time is approaching for me to move on I am not financially in a position to keep it and spend the money that it needs spending on it. I have absolutely no idea how much it is worth and due to its current condition and mileage (155k) I assume it will not be the most desirable car to buy. I really really really don't want to send it to the scrap yard. I would happily and rather sell it for a small fee to someone who would like to either spend some money on it and keep it or use some parts off it for their own Puma. I have neither the time nor expertise to break it myself so that isn't really an option for me.

The bad bits are:-
Rust!!! In all the usual puma places plus possibly more?
Mileage - 155k
Some small oil leak
No service history
6 disc cd player doesn't work, radio does though!!

The good bits:-
It has passed it MOT for the last 3 years with no problems, think it only needed one tyre last time
The engine was re-conditioned about 20k miles ago when the cam belt unfortunately snapped. Cost me over £700 and it is in excellent condition. I think I still have all the receipts for the work.
Leather interior in excellent condition, no rips, marks etc
All four alloys in excellent condition

Im putting this post on to get some advice about where is the best place to sell and what sort of price would be realistic? I would like to offer it to all of you lovely Puma people first but I appreciate it might not be of any interest to anyone.

Any questions about anything please let me know!

Ebay! You will get at least £200-£300 just for spares or repairs.

Or break it yourself :) Will make a fair bit of cash doing that! I broke a Mk3 Golf VR6 and have got £915 so far and still have loads to sell! Selling it all dirt cheap as well so if you willing to wait out for higher prices you could get plenty :) I just want the bits gone though haha.

Thanks for your reply Adam. Unfortunately I havent got the first idea about breaking it myself! I would need the person buying the part to come and remove it themselves, is that reasonable?! I wouldnt mind selling it for spares or repairs either. Difficult to know what to do for the best! I know its unlikely that someone will buy it to use as a car as its not in the best condition compared to some examples out there, im very jealous!!

To be honest neither did I, just used it as a learning experience! Some people may come and take the bits themselves but would narrow your market and probably price too!

Where abouts are you? Could be interested in the leather interior.

Im in North Wales. I might see if I can find someone to help me break it then, if that is the best option.

Might also be worth advertising it whole first if you don't want to break it. Gumtree is free.... sold my last car on there, it's good for selling cheap cars.

Shame you so far away.... not in North Wales until the WRC in November!

Latest posts

Back