nocking sound when braking

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johno22

I have noticed a nocking sound coming from the drivers side front wheel when braking. It dosnt seem to do it when moving at speed, just when pulling up at junctions?!?! Any ideas anyone?

Best thing you can do Johno is to jack the car up, wheel off and have a look, rotate the disc and see if there's any fowling etc. See if there's any play in any of the other components while you're there?

yeh well ive removed every single thing from the doors back and put it back on so i will have to have a look at whats what. I know the back of a puma more than i know myself to be honest lol.

ive had the car up on the jack again and everything is nice and tight with no play at all. the wheels are spinning perfectly straight and nothing is touching anything is shouldnt be...

I found that the knocking noise came from inside the drums and it does it everytime the wheel starts/stops or changes directions. but theres no play in the wheel... hmmmm

i had to take the drums apart recently but everything went back on properly and loads more grease was added.

sorry to like steal your post johno mate

Ive jacked it up and no sign of whats causing this nocking? thought it would be a loose calliper or disc but both seem fine. it drives ok though so gonna forget about it/turn up the radio untill my lowering kit comes on friday, then i will investigate further!

Got a feeling the bushes might have gone, might be a case of powerflex all round i think!

Anti roll bar drop link worn at the front ?

Latest posts

Back