Nurburgring picture and update thread

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
of course, I'd also be happy with a nissan GT-R or perhaps a porsche GT3RS ;) :lol:

Dal said:
Just hire Frank's diesel golf then ;) Goes like stink that thing..

It doesn't seem quite the same as driving over there in your own vehicle and thrashing it round the ring before driving home in it again. Seems almost like cheating :D

Actually, Frank owes me a drive in his Caterham...

Frank said:
If you should decide to come back again, I'm sure that I can arrange some complimentary test drives with one of our Caterhams ;-)

:D

reflections! ;)

P1070991-1.jpg

Harsh mate :lol:

not a particularly flattering reflection too :D

jsut for the record I posted the pictures on the bike forum site and one of the aussie guys came back to say that the lime green ford we were wondering about is actually an Aussie Ford XR8. :)

Just thought I would mention that I have just had my insurance renewal, and was surprised to see, amongst the new amendments to the policy, that insurance now covers earthquakes but DOES NOT COVER me if I'm on the Nurburgring!!

What about earthquake damage whilst on the 'ring?

:lol:

the earthquake shook me and the car round the carosell.... LOL :lol:

you'll probably find that most UK insurance companies will either state the nurburgring exclusion or something like 'except unrestricted public toll roads' or when asked directly theyw ill refuse cover there.

I looked into track insurance specially and most of the stuff I found (companies and forums) seemed to point tot he fact that most track insurance will cover your vehicle but not necessarily damage to third parties or property so they wouldn't cover the costs if you stuff it into the barrier etc.

zarablackcoupe said:
the earthquake shook me and the car round the carosell.... LOL :lol:

The Nissan GT-R's caused earthquakes on the track...the whole car shook when they overtook me :shock:

mort666 said:
I looked into track insurance specially and most of the stuff I found (companies and forums) seemed to point tot he fact that most track insurance will cover your vehicle but not necessarily damage to third parties or property so they wouldn't cover the costs if you stuff it into the barrier etc.

I found this too... not really worth the paper its written on....

So insurance-wise did you all just hope for the best? That is what I imagine I'll be doing! I am shocked you only did 4 laps although I think I wouldn't do more as I am a complete WIMP and also the journey home is pretty crucial!!

Glad you had such a great time everyone :D

yeup just took the chance tbh Vix :) as long as your sensible and watch out for the bikers and whatevers coming from behind...ooo er :p lol

Some only done 1 or 2 laps but I'll definately be doing more laps next year :)

nothing wrong with that mate :)

you went to do one lap and were happy with it so that alreet... with a bonus ride in a taxi!

although you could have got the same ride for much cheaper if youd let me take your car round hahahaha..... :p

I thought I was strange in wanting to one and then seeing how it went! I am so shocked that I am "normal"...how will I ever get over it :p

Latest posts

Back