obtaining key / keycode from ford

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xrsi

Does anyone know if you can obtain either get the key code from one of the locks to get a new key from ford or the key code to then enable you to get a new one cut?

I have just got a ford puma but unfortunatly it come without any key due to the place it was at being broken into and ALL keys for all of the cars being stolen.... obviously this meanth that that car was much cheaper but rather than a new lock set i hoped this was possible.

I know i can get the fobs programed for £35 by ford providing i have 2 to program so if the key is cheper than a new lock set off ebay that would be a bonus!

so you would rather drive around a car which some1 has stolen the keys for and not change the locks,personaly in that situation it is best to change all the locks,remember if some1 uses a key to steal your car its not insured :eek:k:

martinthrapston said:
so you would rather drive around a car which some1 has stolen the keys for and not change the locks,personaly in that situation it is best to change all the locks,remember if some1 uses a key to steal your car its not insured :eek:k:

the car was from down south im not down south!

to be honest i think the likely hood of someone traveling 136 miles and finding it, seeing as they have no way of knowing where the car is now, remote.... plus there was 1000's of keys stolen so the likely hood of them going after a little puma when they have merc keys etc very remote.

if it prooves cheaper to do locks + ecu in one go then will do locks and ecu but i know the reprogramming option is cheaper than an ecu and fob

I'm lost! If all the keys were stolen, are you saying you have bought a Puma without a key i.e. you can't drive it??

If that is not the case and you do have a key, just get another one cut - although you would have to get it coded to the engine in the workshop as you need 2 working keys to code additional ones.

if ford dont have the key code then you will need to strip down one of the door locks to see from the individual wafers what the key code is.

i suspect there is no cheap way of sorting the immobilisor. youd have to get it to fords for them to hook it up and reprogram a fresh immobilisor chip.

an automotive locksmith can usually do the same.

but you may be looking at £130 easily.

might be cheaper to raid ebay for a matching ecu and chip and immobilisor sensor.

Latest posts

Back