Panther...The. Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, just took the spare wheel carrier off to see how the spare is compared to the wheels on the car...I got a feeling it's the original tyre that came with the car,

Tread seems ok,

83e23495f15bb0370c474e9a71a29f25.jpg

But as for the rim, It's definitely seen better days,

a53d0b519e002348ba8fd7f9d7a17c71.jpg

And I think this is the year of manufacture...

890f5001f7fa2914b1b8f10f38e9c24a.jpg

Week 27 of 2001...

Would it be safe to use, it doesn't have any cracks or anything...but rubber perishes doesn't it.

According to Irish RSA;
"Tyres more than 10 years old, including spare tyres, should be replaced—even if such tyres appear serviceable and even if they have not reached the legal tread wear limit of 1.6mm. This recommendation does not in any way reduce your responsibility to change tyres that are worn or damaged.

When a tyre has been in use, the effects of aging are lessened to a degree, so tyres that have been in storage should not be placed into use if more than six years old."

should do I've refurbed a couple now its just elbow grease and patience.........Oh and some paint as well :-D

Hi all, bought this

http://www.outilsobdfacile.com/app-iphone-wifi.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

to check the DTC codes, as the ABS and the TC lights are on, but unsure if it's working correctly, as no fault codes come up, I don't really want to pay out for the Premium version at £10.49 if it's not gonna work regarding resetting codes,

Has anyone ever had dealings with this system?

Warren

I think it might be more of a problem with your PC and some byte wrongway somewhere. Too bad that I can't come there and help you :(

With the ABS you may not see a fault code. I didn't when the front left sensor broke. You need to poke around the sensor connectors with a multimeter. Measure around 1060 Ohm for each sensor IIRC. The back can be done on the ground (I had the spare wheel off). The fronts need the wheels off.

So...took the car for an MOT today, just to see if there was any underlying problems my novice self can't see, and I was pleasantly surprised!!

Bear in mind this car hasn't seen the road for 18mths..there are some items I knew about...like tyres and ABS light..but

2f3d58447dc7f5fb2b729a8e5a366217.jpg

and the advisories

2a1c873c8a69a5d43fa1445dcc1e7323.jpg

Not too shabby at all!!

Only issue for me is the ABS light really...

Well impressed!!

You need new tyres and wheel nuts, wipers, rear view mirror to be fitted, new brake pipe, new ABS sensor and new bushes. To me, that is £200 or less for getting it sorted. ABS sensor from Eurocar spares is about £27 and bushes are around £5 starting. I hope you get your Puma sorted soon.

The wheel nut is in the garage, forgot to put it on, lol. Mirror is in the car, all in all, not bad. It's not a daily, so it can be done as and when, well impressed

Looking to test the abs sensor..will this multi meter be sufficient for testing?

http://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-mas830b-digital-multimeter-600v/75337" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts

Back