Panther...The. Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's fine. It has a 2kΩ range which will be spot on. 'Auto range' multimeters are nice but in this case no more useful. It might be worth trying Maplin too if there's one handy.

With the rear sensors, you're looking for 1060 Ω between one pair of pins then the same between the other two.

Also yesterday, I noticed the NSF ABS sensor bolt is corroded so much it's almost round....great!! Lol if I need to remove it I'll need to get handy with the ol' grinder

hardmonkeys said:
Also yesterday, I noticed the NSF ABS sensor bolt is corroded so much it's almost round....great!! Lol if I need to remove it I'll need to get handy with the ol' grinder
There's a fair chance that's the dead one if someone's tried and failed to remove it. I can't think of a reason to be taking it out. The sensor is a fit once job.

Good call, never thought of that..

42f9c0ae4e8b3c2c8dde663daa662050.jpg

Quite rusted up

Mine were an Irwin set(makers of Vise-Grip), cost me 20 sqids about 10 years ago.
So sounds about right :eek:k:

Even if you get that bolt out you'll need to smash the sensor to bits to remove it :-(
Just make sure that's where the fault is.
I wouldn't be forking out 50 quid for a sensor either, I just got a pair from an autofactors, made by Beckermann 16 quid each.
They may not be ATE quality and may not last 15 years, but they work :lol:
Paul

Skippy said:
hardmonkeys said:
There's a fair chance that's the dead one if someone's tried and failed to remove it. I can't think of a reason to be taking it out. The sensor is a fit once job.

As predicted skippy...couldn't get a recent enough reading, if any, on that NSF sensor,

OSF I got 1070
OSR I got 1060
NSR I got 1010ish

So new sensor I thinks

748 said:
Even if you get that bolt out you'll need to smash the sensor to bits to remove it :-(
Just make sure that's where the fault is.
I wouldn't be forking out 50 quid for a sensor either, I just got a pair from an autofactors, made by Beckermann 16 quid each.
They may not be ATE quality and may not last 15 years, but they work :lol:
Paul

Thanks, just looked on ECP and it's the cheapest is Eicher and about £25ish

Just a quick though...can you just replace the one sensor, not in pairs like pads...prob a silly question..but...lol

hardmonkeys said:

Just a quick though...can you just replace the one sensor, not in pairs like pads...prob a silly question..but...lol

Thats the same part I bought for mine. You can replace one sensor in the front except for the rear sensors, which is a complete rear loom. By the way, don't forget the VAT when you buy it. It be £27 after VAT.

hewy said:
hardmonkeys said:

Thats the same part I bought for mine. You can replace one sensor in the front except for the rear sensors, which is a complete rear loom. By the way, don't forget the VAT when you buy it. It be £27 after VAT.

That's great, I assume it works ok...not giving any probs?

I think that's the one I got in the end (I was impatient that Saturday).

Works fine. Just look at the advice on here on removal and fitting. A Dremel was very handy!

Latest posts

Back