Parcel shelf clips

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I've attached the .stl file to print the Button for the Parcel Shelf strap. You'll need to salvage the pin from the old clip, or get some 3.2mm (1/8") fibreglass rod.

You should get it printed by Shapeways using their "Black Natural Versatile Plastic". Cost in December 2019 about £7 for one.

It's not quite as tight a fit to the body as I'd like, but it would require a lot of time to fix that because of the way the 3D editor I used merged sections, it's not likely I'll redo it to reduce the internal diameter by about 0.1mm.

Attachments

• Ford Puma - Button for parcel shelf strap.stl
    2 MB · Views: 187
Hi Perdrix,

Thanks for sharing the 3D file. I was hoping to get a few made myself so I downloaded the stl file. I had looked at Shapeways as you suggested, but it seems like they are based in the US and the shipping would cost a bomb, so I looked at 3D Print Direct. However, I was told by 3D Print Direct that it's too thin in places to print with Carbon SLS. They suggested that MJF Pa12 might work. Do you know if this is a good fit for the design?

Thanks again for sharing your time and expertise on this!

All the best,

Has anyone else got a price/quotation for these items?

I've heard back from a company near me who have stated they can print these and have quoted/priced as follows:

10off: £2.50 ea.
20off: £2.00 ea.
30off: £1.75 ea.

I can do these in black, white, orange or clear.

I have replied back to them asking what material they have quoted for and that they would need to be strong enough to hold a small amount of weight. Does anyone know if there is a specific/recommended material for these?

Latest information:

I would be using the resin printer for these, the result will be of a better quality.

The weight would be shared over the 2 strings so wont be a problem, I’ve done pieces for curved shower rails before, no problems.

Back