Pipercross induction help

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob987_0

Hi, I bought a pipercross induction kit from ebay and it came with no instructions.
Firstly, have I installed this small hose in the correct place, it was a bit of a struggle to get it on?
IMAG0798.jpg

Secondly, do I remove the bottom section of the airbox?
Lastly, what do I connect the Pipercross filter to. to stop it from moving?

That little pipe is a breather and looks like you've attached it to the filter correctly. I left mine connected to the bottom of the air box. Can also get mini breather filters so you could turn the pipe so it goes out the other side of the engine, cut the pipe shorter and put mini breather filter on the end.

As for the bottom of the air box, I personally would leave it. I removed the one on my old Puma and the bottom of the filter got dirty as the only thing below the air box is the arch liner.

Some kits have a strip of metal which is supposed to be a bracket to support the filter.
If you've not got one, and I've never found them any good anyway, could put a zip tie through the mounting hole on the MAF and essentially tie it to the end of the bracket on the battery support.

I'll get you a picture of mine if that's a bit confusing...

CherryVimto said:
That little pipe is a breather and looks like you've attached it to the filter correctly. I left mine connected to the bottom of the air box. Can also get mini breather filters so you could turn the pipe so it goes out the other side of the engine, cut the pipe shorter and put mini breather filter on the end.

As for the bottom of the air box, I personally would leave it. I removed the one on my old Puma and the bottom of the filter got dirty as the only thing below the air box is the arch liner.

Some kits have a strip of metal which is supposed to be a bracket to support the filter.
If you've not got one, and I've never found them any good anyway, could put a zip tie through the mounting hole on the MAF and essentially tie it to the end of the bracket on the battery support.

I'll get you a picture of mine if that's a bit confusing...
Hi thanks for the speedy reply! Glad I got it right. I've just left the bottom of the old box like you said. I'll get a zip tie tomorrow to secure it.

Cheers

Up to you if you use a zip tie or not... I had the problem where the long bracket I got with mine, wouldn't fit anywhere. A zip tie was the last resort!

CherryVimto said:
Up to you if you use a zip tie or not... I had the problem where the long bracket I got with mine, wouldn't fit anywhere. A zip tie was the last resort!

Yeah I didn't get a bracket with it so a zip tie will have to do

Cheers

Latest posts

Back