problem with frp ecu

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex'

hello,

i have some problems like engine missfire between 2000-3000 when i decelerate.
but engine runs pefectly at full throttle

This problem occurred since i put an tape ecu whith frp map on my 1.7 puma.

Is this normal? mil light is off,

i have just piper 4/2/1 manifold, decat & milltek exhaust system,
cams and intake are genuine parts.

thanks for your help

1)Are the Cams FRP Cams or original standard 1.7 cams?
2) The FRP map is designed to pop and bang on the over run.is that what you refer to?
3) I note your profile states that you have a 1.6? Do you you have now more than one Puma or now have a 1.7 engine fitted to the 1.6? With that in mind does your user profile now need to be updated to 1.7 ?

Hello,
1) engine run with standard cams

2) There are no pop & bang....
The engine is running bad like it's too lean between 2000/3000rpm at low throttle

3)now, I have 1,7 puma... I have totaly forget to update my profile.

1) I doubt that a FRP Map apart from increasing the redline, will give any power gains .

2)You said that the misfire occurs during deaccelaration ( slowing down),and therefore the coilpack is not under load; it is for this reason I doubt it's the coilpack.

3)Ensure the throttlebody to MAF hose is fitted securely and hasn't any splits in it .Additionally, there are some vacuum hoses and a blanking pipe that commonly cause airleaks at the front of the inlet manifold (1 is for the fuel rail regulator, 1 for Servo & a blank off pipe), if any of them are split the mixture will run lean.

4)Also, an airleak between the inlet manifold gaskets either where they join or at the cylinder head,will cause it to run lean.

5) If I recall correctly ,there is also mention on this site that the FRP engine uses a different fuel pressure regulator, running different psi for the injector rail. That may also be causing issues if you are using the standard 1.7 Fuel Pressure regulator.#

See the following: http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopi...313&hilit=FRP+fuel+pressure+regulator#p334313

thanks for your help :grin:

1) FRP MAP increase redline, and pumaspeed said it's gives 8 bhp on a standard 1.7
http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-1700cc-Remap-by-Ford-Racing_277.jsp

and i want to change cam .... one day :lol:

2) i don't think a faulty coil pack don't give this problem ....
i have change many coil pack, spark plug & ht wire on ford car .... and never had this problem
with faulty coil pack, the car is like running on 3 cylinders and have some pop at the exhaust ...
and you have some dtc on the ecu

the problem is a little hard to describe .... and translate it in english is not easy too

3) MAF hose is ok, vacuum hose look ok too .... but i don't look the blanking pipe

4) i don't remove inlet manifold and the problem appears only since i put the frp ecu

but, i 'm going to test the inlet gasket ....with brake cleaner

5) thanks, i don't know frp have a specific fuel pressure regulator !
do you know how many psi/bar it is ?
i see it on ebay ... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-BAR-FUEL-PRESSURE-REGULATOR-FORD-PUMA-1-4-1-7-RACING-/380284249840
but i'm not sure it the good pressure

Hi Alex Personally I don't know the correct FRP Pressure , however as in my previous post (with the link) I recommend buying the adjustable regulator from FSE.

Hello,
Apparently the problem came from idle valve.

i clean it with brake cleaner and lubricate it with good penetrating oil...

and put some silicone gasket on the old idle valve gasket .... it's run a lot better !

Latest posts

Back