Project #0559

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This weekend I've managed to move the engine bay fuse box inside the car as the roll cage is in the way, for the last few months a cut down fuse box has been in a plastic bag taped up, this mite also stop the bad water leak it had. So after soldering an extra 50cm of wire to about 120 wires it just about done (at least 12 hours of work). The fuse box is held in with cable ties for now till i can make some sort of brackets.
IMG_7170.jpg

IMG_7173.jpg

bet that took a long time, but worth it mate. cant wait to see this car :eek:k:

aaah; thought your pm piccy looked familiar! well done for sorting it out. just after i bought mine i was at pb & was tempted to buy either this one or the famous red / blue frp (lhd) or both!!!! have to hold my hands up tho & say twas me who had warrens carbon splitter.....sowwy

Been some time since i did anything on the car, so today of i went to the local scrap yard, in search of a power steering pump and pipes from a non aircon puma or fiesta so i can bin the aircon and save some more weight in mine. No luck with the search but managed to get another radiator reservoir from a Scorpio diesel that was almost new and not full of rusty gunk like my old one. I fitted the Scorpio reservoir a bit back because I've seen them fitted to some of the S1600 and Cup Cars, this solves the problem of not being able to using the original puma bottle because of the roll cage.
P1000717.jpg

Also i think there was an hair line crack in the older bottle.

I've been looking into doing some weight saving and engine bay tidy up for some time now, so I decided to remove the aircon.
Picked up all the parts i needed from a T reg fiesta in a scrap yard for £30. The aircon pump is below the alternator and the original power steering pump and aux belt tensioner is at the back of the engine. The aircon pump will be replaced by the power steering pump and aluminium bracket and the original pump and tensioner will be chaged for a tensioner on its own, also need new pipes.
P1000776Medium.jpg

This is the engine bay before the conversion, aircon pipe bent around the cage and power steering pipes.

P1000777Medium.jpg

Aircon pipes going to heater matrix.

P1000779Medium.jpg

Aircon radiator (Aluminium) in front of the engine radiator.

P1000783Medium.jpg

This is what I removed up to now, still got to remove the aircon radiator at the front and the aircon heater matrix part and some more of the old power steering parts

P1000796Medium.jpg

This is what the engine bay looks like up to now.

P1000797Medium.jpg

Just for intrest I've just put the aircon pump on the scales and it 6.4 Kilo or 1 Stone, i do intend to weigh all the parts i take off in a box, when its all off

Remember Graham Chapman's quote (He of Lotus fame)

"Be powerful and you're quick in a straight line. Be light and you're quick everywhere"

;)

Latest posts

Back