Project Aiya (Pic heavy)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered my focus/mondeo stereo remote from ebay, so will be fitting this weekend.

This has been troubling me for a bit, I need to do something with this arch, until It gets repaired at the bodyshop. I cant weld, so I was thinking of reconstructing the bottom with fibreglass. It looks like somthing has hit and caved the inside of the arch in at some point. I managed to pull it out a bit but as it was so rotten, pulled the wing off in the process!

Ayia (66) by slayllian, on Flickr

l will be giving the engine its first real detailing tonight, I had planned to wash & wax the car but the weather has other plans! will post some pictures up soon.

cheers fatcat, will post some more tonight hopefully, but I think the other half wants to drag me to see harry potter! lol

Great work.
Like all the preventative steps too, I am going to be refering to this post a fair bit, as I plan to try and keep my early puma straight as I can.

That drivers side rear panel looks pretty severe with rust,has water ingressed into the car ........ Good to see you tackling the rust first :) preservation before modification

I was lucky my car had only minor surface rust underneath not to this extent I ended spending weeks treating the rust
with krust and hammerite then once it had gone putting waxoyl and underseal every where .One place you need to check is under the rear wiper ,I removed my rear wiper but found a nasty rust spot under the rubber grommet.

Cheers for that, I will have a check there this weekend. good old ford they certainly know how to make rot boxes! cheers alwayzsidewayz hoping to stop it before it gets 2 bad! only stumbled accross that rust by chance, still not looked at the near side yet, expecting more of the same :cry:

I don't know if its my eyes but the car looks lower than standard? On the optional eibach springs? I am looking on my phone mind.

red said:
I don't know if its my eyes but the car looks lower than standard? On the optional eibach springs? I am looking on my phone mind.

I think it might be, but it does not have the original dampers on. It had red springs when I got it (I have painted them all black now). I plan to replace the struts at some point, I think they are passed their best! not sure to go with OEM or coilovers?

nice to see it so looked after my wifes is more like a skip than a car most of the time lol but one day its gottta be started only hope the finish looks as nice as youve done

Water has once again decided to make its way into my now clean foot wells and over my lovley new mats! :'( Its back to the drawing board, think I'm going dig out all the previous attempts and seal it up good and proper!

First thing does anybody know what this is and where it goes, I found it floating about in the engine bay:

puma (2) by slayllian, on Flickr

Had another go at fixing the water leak Friday night, hopefully for the last time, if not its coming in from somewhere else:

003 by slayllian, on Flickr

Removed all the surrounding stuff, gave everything a good clean up at the same time:

001 by slayllian, on Flickr

Also put silicone behind seal:

002 by slayllian, on Flickr

Gave engine another quick clean and removed the lining and resonator box:

004 by slayllian, on Flickr

puma by slayllian, on Flickr

Been busy this week, I have started removing the front panels to check for and repair any rust, I knew the front passenger wing was badly corroded but wanted to see what it was like underneath:

I planned to start Wednesday after work, but was confronted with this:

016 by slayllian, on Flickr

luckily the weather was not so bad next day, started removing panels:

025 by slayllian, on Flickr

026 by slayllian, on Flickr

The state of the front wing, I will be replacing it eventually, but just touched up for the time being:

028 by slayllian, on Flickr

Luckily the sill underneath is in good condition:

027 by slayllian, on Flickr

Gave everything a quick clean up:

030 by slayllian, on Flickr

032 by slayllian, on Flickr

033 by slayllian, on Flickr

Sorted the front sill out:

036 by slayllian, on Flickr

Touched up rust:

038 by slayllian, on Flickr

Didn't find much rust in total, she has aged gacefuly :thumbs:

039 by slayllian, on Flickr

The Puma has this concoction for an air intake, ford must have put it there for a reason, so I popped it back in:

040 by slayllian, on Flickr

Hiding in her rather messy den:

042 by slayllian, on Flickr

The bumper wasn't sitting correctly after I put the front back together, so I had a fiddle and managed to re align it to this:

055 by slayllian, on Flickr

That rubber thing you found floating around in the engine bay fits over the HCV I think. Found mine but can't for the life of me work out how it fits back on!! Keep up the good work by the way!

Cheers, I wondered what on the earth it was lol! hopefully cleaning the inside of the headlights this week, might actually see where im going at night!! lol

The Arch Bishop said:
Standard Puma headlights. It's almost like being blind!

Just noticed your signature, love it! I'm sure the Model T had better headlights :lol:

Gave the car a quick polish and wax yesterday, been using turtle wax nano-tech, seems to give a good finish, those deep scratches from automatic car washes and years of neglect are finally starting to come out! :grin:

Now added the remote stereo controls, managed to pick one up on ebay. I used some speaker cable to connect it up.

076 by slayllian, on Flickr

I positioned it close to the wheel so my fingers can reach it while im still holding the wheel:

077 by slayllian, on Flickr

079 by slayllian, on Flickr

This is one mod that is really worth doing, as it makes life so much easier and you dont have to take your eyes off the road to fiddle with the stereo :cool:

Back