Project Silver, PIC HEAVY

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell yes, the spectrum, a ledgendary piece of machinery!!! :grin:

I used to rock one until last christmas, got enough saved up to buy a comadore 16, ill upgrade to a 64 next year!!

Pre Commodore 16/64 but looks the same although I bought the upgrade memory for it so it was a whopping 16k upgrade...lol. Was one of the first colour PC's out iirc. I have one and think it's kicking about in the loft. I know I still have lots of games for it, most being cartridges which were much quicker than loading with tapes.....ehhe.
http://oldcomputers.net/vic20.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also have this one which many of you probably never even heard of even if you were into PC's the same time as me. It's in my garage now in the original box - god knows if it hasn't rotted away inside though.
http://oldcomputers.net/cdtv.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just checked Ebay and someone is selling them for £240!!!. Better get it out and see if it still works ok as it could be worth a few quid....lol.

Sorry Steve, thread hijacking or what!!

I also have this one which many of you probably never even heard of even if you were into PC's the same time as me. It's in my garage now in the original box - god knows if it hasn't rotted away inside though.
http://oldcomputers.net/cdtv.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just checked Ebay and someone is selling them for £240!!!. Better get it out and see if it still works ok as it could be worth a few quid....lol.

Sorry Steve, thread hijacking or what!!

Dear God! They only managed to shift about 3 of those things (god mother worked at Commodore at the time). I have a CD32 in the loft but that's not worth a great deal...

Oh and err... good work Steve... and all that!

Wow, proper retro. But the 16 I had was black and White, so must have been the budget version then!! I just watched an ad on YouTube for the Vic, with William Schatner in it, & an 80's kid with a mullet playing space invaders.

Every day's a school day!!

PumaNoob said:
fatdonger said:
lol .... sorry I still use a 56k modem ....

Are you using an Amstrad PC too, with the green screen?? :lol:

Not quite ..... I have a zx81 just upgraded the usr robotics modem from a 14.4k v32 modem so that i can browse this www thingy super highway instead of reading my bulletin boards.......

dial up is the future ...........

nah, I heard something about sending info down glass tubes or something!!!...fibre wotsits???....it'll never take off, how the hell do you send data through glass???....pipe dreams or someone tripping the 'light' fantastic if you ask me. ;)

Yeah....cracking job Steve :-D

started on my plastic rear 1/4 panels

made a template out of card

IMAG0479.jpg

IMAG0498.jpg

cut out the plastic with a jigsaw, then applied edge trim to it

IMAG0499.jpg

very loosely held in the car as i need to get some more self tappers tomorrow

IMAG0504.jpg

they weigh next to nothing

Got a couple of left over jobs done today, cut out the other side rear 1/4 panel

P1060456.JPG

cavity before

P1060455.JPG

with panel fitted

P1060459.JPG

stereo removal

P1060463.JPG

P1060465.JPG

P1060466.JPG

P1060468.JPG

P1060467.JPG

used a bit of left over plastic to make the blanking panel

P1060470.JPG

made some more moody CF out of it and fitted in place

P1060471.JPG

Finally stereo and speakers came out :lol:

Did you use 2mm thick plastic on the rears ( as you say it is very light) do you know the dimensions you used for the rear panel roughly......

be interesting to see how long you manage without a radio... i did the same with my car and it soon became very boring on longish journeys, had to put it back in eventually lol.

Rear panels look very neat tho, its reminded me to dig my carbon reserves out and cut some up myself!

Will only be used on track days got a daily driver that has a stereo lol. Worst will be trips to Germany in it

yeh that will be a killer, ive got my focus that i use every day, but the odd time i did go to work in the puma it was hell not having a radio lol

Back