rear view mirror!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannibalruler

Hey everyone!

I have this problem and hopefully someone can help.
soo.. when i bought my Puma then original the rear view mirror was already gone.. though it was broken off so now i have this junk on my windshield and i dont know how to remove it. If anyone knows how to do that safely please let me know! thankzz

If you've just got some unsightly adhesive residue, you can scrape the worst of it off carefully with a razor blade, then dissolve any remaining bits with IPA (isopropyl alcohol).

actually theres still part of the mirror on the windshield. is it glued there? so maybe i should heat it up or something to get rid of it?

If you heat it, you could crack the windshield
The rear view mirros can be glued/bonded to the glass.

Maybe get a thin bladed scraper and try and wiggle it under the remaining part of the mirror. A thin blade should hopefully get under it without trying to prize it off too quickly.

SENATEpumA said:
If you heat it, you could crack the windshield
The rear view mirros can be glued/bonded to the glass.

Maybe get a thin bladed scraper and try and wiggle it under the remaining part of the mirror. A thin blade should hopefully get under it without trying to prize it off too quickly.

Thankz! Did that and got it off!

Back