rear wiper problem

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trustafox

my rear wipe does work, I've seen it. But sometimes when I turn it on it doesn't move, even after a few frantic on/offs. I've sometimes left it on then noticed its started working after a while.
eventually it does work and when it does it works fine, even if I stop and start it.

Any idea what causes this? the copper contacts on the boot got anything to do with the wiper?
any known loose connection problems?

cheers
Ja

I may be wrong but I believe thats for the third tailight on later models. Mine doesnt have that.

It has everything to do with the 4 copper contacts! I'd suggest you give them a good clean and possibly even get in there with some electrical contact cleaner.

The wire down the tail gate support strut is for the 3rd brake light as quest suggests.

Open the boot. On the boot threshold to the right of the lock:

14032010677.jpg

picture from here:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=157389" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mine is working all the time now and I think all I did was cleaned the copper contacts.

I used to have the same problem with my '96 Fiesta but that was caused by the boot lid hinges.
Apparently they were the earthing point between the boot lid and the main bodywork. I was told to knock the pins back and forth a few times but they wouldn't budge. I ended up feeding a wire through the cable grommet, crimping a ring connector to each end screwing these to the boot lid & bodywork with self tappers. Hey presto, new earth and working rear wiper!

Back