'Sally' - FireFly's Project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So here she is the day after wash and polish and overnight it rained (typical ¬_¬) so just went round with a microfiber just to wipe any bits i missed. So now waiting for the next warm sunny day which probably won't be for a while.

DSC_1571.jpg

Note also the more discrete smoked repeaters i mentioned in last post, looks more in line with the car, imo, than the orange blob of before.

looks to be in great condition, you seem to get a lovely reflection off her paintwork :)

yeah, unfortunately the shine hasn't lasted with the weather we've had, i got stuck behind a lorry on a very wet day and i could see the dirt coming off it and onto my car =/ roll on summer i say

Also I've booked in for service on Thursday to give it a check over.

Update:

She's gone in for service at a local Ford garage for Level 3 service and a cam-belt change. Phoned back later with a few major problems that need addressing and some minor ones.

Major probs that need doing:-
  • Leaky coolant pipe
  • Rear brake pads 90% worn
  • Rear axle bushes badly split - play in NSR
  • Heavy oil leak from rear of engine - requires some investigation

These I've asked to be done by tomorrow.

There's also a list of minor things that need doing soon:-
  • Both front & OSR flexi hoses perished
  • Oil leak from rocker cover gasket
  • NS washer blocked and wash fluid smelling
  • Advised brake fluid change
  • Exhaust frontpipe flexi outer cover/loose corroded
  • 12v socket inop fuse blown (can do myself)
  • Air-con service
  • Pollen Filter

I'll be looking to do these around my next payday

So I finally got my Sally back after an extended visit at the garage. As well as the the 4 main items in the last post the water pump has been replaced and there's a list of thing that have been advised to look at in the next month including a possible oil leak and the horn apparently sounds a bit poor (could do somethings myself with some advice).

Total cost: ... more than what i paid initially for the car :oops:

Kizza said:
sounds good pal its a shame about the large garrage bill though :? why dont you try doing a bit of work yourself on her. the puma is an easy car to work on all things considered and you would learn alot and sale alotof money by doing thins yourself.

Cheers Kieran (FibreBuild)

True and all, tho atm we kinda lack in good tools, theres a couple of spanner sets and screwdrivers lying around but thats about it, no breaker bars, no torque wrenches or anything else, not even sheeting to lie on whilst underneath. I'm pretty capable with electrics and electronics seeing as i build my own PCs but when it comes to stuff involving fluids i tend to leave that to experts. I have taken apart an engine and gearbox before but that was at Uni and under supervision of tutors with enough tools to anything, and i don't have the confidence to know what I'm doing on my own.

When I moved I left behind quite a few tools and other handy bits like screws, nuts, bolts etc. I've not been in a situation which has allowed me to replace it all. I've had to buy the odd tool here and there as I've had the money to. So with each job I've done on my car, I've gained a tool or two.
Basic tools is all you need. But as I've found if you start doing things like changing wishbones and things, that's when you'll need more substantial tools. But for the cost of large breaker bar, that's done my wishbones, lambda sensor and my wheels so been Well worth the money.

Been a bit quiet for the last month due to bad weather and work but now i should be back and kicking again. I have a list of things i could do myself after getting it back from the garage, however stuff involving fluids i might leave to someone who knows better.

• Horn needs fixing or replacing (working on that atm)
  • Front discs and pads are apparently lipped on limit and 50% worn
  • exhasut front pipe flexi,outer cover corroded/loose

Hi, the front pads an disks are an easy job that doesnt require many tools, there should be a guide on here..

The horn is another easy job to change an is most likely corroded inside an out..

The exhaust flexi-pipe you might struggle with, I think you can buy just the flexi part on ebay/motor factors but you'd need cut the original to fit it an could be hard without getting under it, if its just the flexi mesh has broken away at one end an is loose you might be able to use a clamp/hose clip to hold it on better..

So the weather has finally been nice enough to have a good clean so now she looks really shiny =D Only a wash, polish and aqua wax so not quite concourse perfection but good enough for me.

DSC_1575.jpg

DSC_1574.jpg

Very nice! :thumbs:

Though I am going to have to deduct points for the filthy exhaust. :-D

evilrob said:
Very nice! :thumbs:

Though I am going to have to deduct points for the filthy exhaust. :-D

Lols yeah that still needs abit of work, tho with the bodywork in the way its a bit tricky to get to it with the wire wool, and its also a tad rusty.

Horn has been replaced and works now which is a relief as it was bugging me for ages, the wiring was a bit different as the old horn was earthed to the chassis whereas the new set wasn't and had 2 connections each. So i had to make new wires to stretch to the securing bolt.

DSC_1578.jpg

Looks a bit untidy but it works at least.

Latest posts

Back