'Sally' - FireFly's Project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't done an update for while due to being busy with stuff, but here goes

Clutch started slipping when i put my foot down so decided to replace it and the slave cylinder with help from GingerTom on saturday :eek:k:

Though in taking the car apart i managed to sheer the bolts holding the downpipe to the exhaust manifold, might be able to get them off with a gas flame but probably will get a new one with bolts, gonna be a pain to get back in again :|

Also fitted some braided hoses, Iridium Plugs and replaced my broken HCV.
DSC_0049.jpg

So whilst she's not running i made my own FRP airbox mod (using 3Ddunk's guide) using the bottom bit from a fiesta as they're both the same shape and there's less plastic to cut.
DSC_1595.jpg

Used a bit of cut off plastic to prop it up
DSC_1597.jpg

And here is the finished item, using more bits of unrolled piping to cover the large gaps
DSC_1599.jpg

Also have some flexi piping to trim down and position behind the grille but first i need to make space for my new projector front foglights which i also haven't fitted yet, need to read up more on fusebox/relay wiring and make some cuts in the grille where they going to go.
DSC_1600.jpg

I also have some heated washer jets and loom from a mondeo in the scrapys to fit aswell, not sure whether to wire it into the ignition so they're always on or into the heated windscreen switch so they are timed to turn off after a bit.

Hey this build is interesting to me as I was thinking of doing similar mods to my car (although with more focus on the vehicle dynamics). You mentioned quite a lot of interesting mods that you were going to do. I was wondering how the progress on the car has been going as I noticed your last post was almost a year ago. Guessing it must be pretty badass now :)

Cheers

I am thinking of putting exactly the same foglights! Interested in how they will look on the car! Will you be putting them in the grill area? How do they feel? Solid built? Have you put them on?

Nice so far!

Hello people.

Its been so long since i posted on here that i forgot all about it. My life has been so busy or lacking in funds that i haven't been able to do much to the car. Most of what has been done has been done by garages and not myself, and i lack the time, energy and weather to do a proper wash, wax and polish. The mileage has gone up allot too since i make frequent trips from derby to Birmingham and back, I'm now on 89,500 miles. The only work i foresee doing soon is a service (oil change, air filter, spark plugs and brake pads (possibly brake fluid too but would need help)).

The bodywork has deteriorated too since my last post. There are an innumerate amount of scratches all over, there's a scrape on passenger side front corner from manoeuvring too close to a wall and one on the rear driver side from when an Audi went into the back at low speed.

As for all the modifications I wanted to do... I'm not so sure at the moment. I'm kinda going through a phase of wanting a bigger car with 4/5 doors (focus or lancer) and then when i get a place that has a garage, i want to build a proper track car out of an MR2. As for the Puma, I'm not sure if I want to keep her... it would be nice to do all the stuff i wanted to do when i first got her, it's my first car and i love it to bits, but at the moment I'm not sure if its actually worth the time and money.

I'm currently looking for a better paid job in CAD/engineering so i can move to Birmingham city centre with my girlfriend. I'll try and keep you guys posted.

FireFly90

Latest posts

Back