Something of Intrest to all- Mainly those with FRPs/ FRP Rep

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty1.7

I've got talking to a lad on another ford site who does performance parts fabrication for zetec engine- 1.6- 2.0 size wise.

And they are currently developing a FRP style inlet for the 1.7 engine.

He reckons it would retail at about £500- although thats just a rough guide. We know FRP inlets go for a any were between £500-£800 ( or at least they used to)

Just wondered anyone else think this could be a good idea?

I'm not thinking of getting one (yet/ any years soon) but just wanted to give him some feed back from the Puma community as there aren't many of us on the other site

He's based in Liverpool- the companies called jandkperformance- only a new company but seems, by the sound of what he says is looking to fill gaps in the market were there is a need- like dwindling stock parts for rare(ish) cars

Would be good if he could fabricate and supply rear arches! Other than having to fabricate 206 arches or import from Germany!

Funny timing,

Mountune performance are just about to release an inlet manifold for the focus ST.

£675 for 17 horses.

BEFORE

index.php

AFTER
76568_173015352715696_130464113637487_653225_6668172_n.jpg

There is a guy on ZSOC "Bricktop1800" or similar who has had one made, can't think of the name of the co. doing the work, but they were going to do a prod run.

Sounds great! I'd be keen to get on board for this one! Any new parts available that means we don't have to cannibalise another FRP is good by me.

Sounds interesting mate might be interested to what would the gain be on a standard puma?

Was thinking some more about this....

I know that these inlet manifolds improve the car's performance and all that but how exactly? Is it as simple as supplying more air and providing a less restrictive passage, if so why are they so damn expensive and why isn't every tuning company making them?

Is there anything that can be done with the standard manifold to improve things?

Answers on a postcard please!

Ive got a FRP inlet manifold for sale if your interested??? See my rotrex supercharger thread for details.

Latest posts

Back