Summer 2009 Nurburgring dates

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you would probly have to do your trailer licence if you was driving. My mate has just done it and its about 500 quid. plus you would need to hire a trailer.

Aww - you poor youngsters. As I passed my test before 1st January 1997 my licence lets me do the trailer thang ;)

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Dr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... DG_4022564

I'll pull your car draddy if you get me a tow hook ;)

I read a horror story once in autocar. A guy was pulling his mate along and the towing eye of the car (a 206 iirc) came out and went through the windscreen of the car he was towing. Apparently the towing eye is only for attaching your car to the back of a lorry, for actual towing you need a proper axle rod thingy.

A few people i know from another forum got there this morning, ones got a 3 series compact, the other an avantine:

8200rpmcom495014_H1.png

Bastards![/url]

:jealous:

Looks a bit damp there though - that'd make some of the corners 'interesting' :lol:

Was far nicer when I was there:
ring_129.jpg

(James in his black puma ahead, Ollie in his mad ZS behind)

I think July / August would be best to avoid any rain that may be about. Looking at the pictures on northloop in recent years, these months do seem the driest.

:eek:k:

My turn to be jealous. At least youve been before! An avantine wouldnt be my first choice for running around the ring, but i suppose there are worst barges to do it in.

i'm going in june with the boyfriend in his car with all the guys off a northern ireland modifed club, Paul was there last year and loved it he's trying to talk me into taking the puma and driving myself as he'll be definately taking the gt4......... dunno its alot of driving

If you can come with us it would be great, the more the merrier, as the old saying goes.

Shall we go after 11th june 2009?

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=31787#31787" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry I hadn't posted in here before now!

I'm pretty much a definite for this one (hopefully by summer next year I'll be posted, and planning stuff should become a lot easier). Any time is good for me I think :)

Great news Neil!

Think I'm going to put a new thread up in the proposed month for next year soon...

(When I get around to making the directories!)

EDIT:
Also going to find out when the track is open, if there are any events on, room availability in Ringhaus (Well i'm staying there at least! lol), etc etc before I post up.

I sent an email to 'Frank' at the Ringhaus Hotel. He owns / runs the place as well as running cars at the Nurburgring.

This is his reply:

Hi Darren,
Nice that you want to book early but it is still a bit too early ;-) To book for 2009 is not possible yet, because the 2009 dates are not officially released!
The Nurburgring GmbH is officially announcing them at the 'Essen Motorshow' in December.
I will put your mail into the '2009 bookings' folder and come back to you as soon as I have the dates! O.K.?
Best Regards
Frank Hiersekorn
http://www.ringhaus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So we'll have to wait a bit... 'in hand' though!

will deffo be saving the pennies up - If you dont mind Dal i'll take the opportunity to foolow you round 1st time as it will be my first :)

No worries Zara. It can be a bit daunting the 1st time (oo-er!) but once you've done a couple either as driver or passenger, it's better.

yea, would prefer to follow sum1 whos ridden it before lol!!
Dont wann end up like some of the cars there! ouch!

Well im pretty much definate for this! :)
Was wondering - to save abit of money that if any others are goin on their own I dont mind sharing a room to save costs on both parts :)

Hmmm...might go for seconds...maybe...

Would definitely want to go in the M5 Ring Taxi this time...and no more camping as I nearly died last year!!

Video following the Ring Taxi :groovy:

[youtube]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hx5_PS5CMrg[/youtube]

I'd share in the Ring Taxi as well Mate ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back