The Skippy Kitten

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really?! :-(

I'm having to use the screen heaters and aircon in the morning. I don't boot it (I'm getting mid 40s mpg when I use the CR-V). There has been a fair bit of stop-start going on (A46 past warwick) which won't help. Must try harder!

I get about 38mpg on a 15 mile (each way) commute on in-town, A road and twisty B roads. Yours sounds about right. I've certainly never gotten anywhere near the mid 40's! I think you'd need a long motorway trip for that.

To achieve it you must not rev the engine over 3000 rpm, accelerate sensibly as the others do and just flow with the traffic with no stop and go's. Max speed is 100 kph

Well it crept up to 37MPG on the next tank. Traffic and the route I take does not allow for good eco driving. The loud pedal in the Puma doesn't help!

With a new lambda sensor, yes thanks. :cool:

Must have gone quite recently (I have started using it as a daily driver). There were not DTCs there in September that I saw.

So that's a new clutch, cam belt, tyres, bushes all round and 12 months MOT. Just the arches and sills to sort and it's perfect!

Hi James
Well done, now the fun begins with the bodywork, you've picked the right time of year to start on that...not :grin:
Barry

I'm not sure I'm up to that although I have tackled more jobs on the Puma so far than I thought I would.

I'm going to leave it until spring I think! I have some no-car related projects I need to get done before that. I may even move it on and get that MX5 I've been thinking about.

Hi James
Aye I've done grubbing about under the car now it's getting much too cold and I've just about finished it. I have a few mates with or have had MX5s they're ok but prone to rust like the Puma.
Barry

I know Mk1s and 2s aren't great, but I don't think Mk3s were bad for rust. I know I'll need a bit more budget for 2.0 Mk3!

Well they're a lot newer and I think they have galvanised chassis.

The alternative is spend on the puma bodywork and maybe get a respray ;-)

Well I gave it a long run out yesterday to let the ECU learn if needed (sure the garage did a cycle to get the emissions down, but heh). The hesitation / over-fuelling feeling has gone and it feels light and responsive again :) it was too wet and leafy to do a proper test: the traction control still works ;-)

She's been running great since the MOT until a front puncture on Friday :evil:

Bad news was that it wasn't repairable. Good news was that a new pilot sport 3 was £58 fitted. I can live with that.

Grrrr. She's started bogging down when pulling away without plenty of revs. Fine once moving. I'm guessing coil pack or ignition leads. Any recommendations for replacements folks, please? Ebay has coilpacks from £12 to £50! Is there any benefit to expensive ignition leads?

Hi James, one of my mates cars went like that and it was the coilpack but best to get checked out with diagnostics first. I would only buy genuine coilpacks as I've heard that if a coilpack fails it can take the ECU with it but I think they're over £100.
Barry

Cheers. I tend to prefer OE where the price isn't silly. I'm hoping it's not the exhaust lambda sensor making it run over rich as that was replaced in nov (with OE). MAF was cleaned last year too.

I've got an ODB scanner so what should I be looking for?

Back