The Skippy Kitten

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Likely was the wrong word. There's a definite failure mode, so there's a likelihood that it will fail catastrophically at some point.

And it is such a swine to do! Given that, it won't have been done before unless the original failed at some point. I would change the accessory belt at the same time if I did it again.

All sorted this morning. It just needed a few 'learner driver' bumpy starts back and forward to get the cabin heater circuit working. No leaks and coolant level is stable. :D

Running sweet for the moment! I'm getting to enjoy the new front shocks ;)

After borrowing it, the missus has 'suggested' that I Don't sell it because it's "bloody fantastic to drive". :D

Skippy said:
[post]345437[/post] Likely was the wrong word. There's a definite failure mode, so there's a likelihood that it will fail catastrophically at some point.

And it is such a swine to do! Given that, it won't have been done before unless the original failed at some point. I would change the accessory belt at the same time if I did it again.

All sorted this morning. It just needed a few 'learner driver' bumpy starts back and forward to get the cabin heater circuit working. No leaks and coolant level is stable. :D

Interesting comment about the cabin heater circuit... do you have trouble getting it to come really hot in there after having the coolant drained? Mine seems to fluctuate in heat quite a lot, wondering whether the valve is funny or it's just got air trapped in there.

Ah, not been on for a while so just noticed this. I get the impression that air locks are easy to acquire but also easy to sort.

The heater control valve and the cabin heater panel are not the most reliable of things of course, but typically you'll be stuck very hot or cold if one of those goes.

I think the time has come to move on... I've learned a lot about cars and swearing. As good as it is mechanically I think the work needed on the chassis is going to be too much for me to consider before long. Now I'm looking for something to preserve as occasional daily and future classic. I could go for another, younger, less rusty, Puma, but I think a Mk8 Civic is going to be the one.

So, time to put a sale thread up... :(

Latest posts

Back