throttle bodys suzuki GSXR 750

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demonskull13

hi i have been looking for upgrades for my puma and have seen that someone has a Suzuki GSXR 750 throttle body on.
My puma is a 1.7 and am wondering if it will fit straight onto my puma or will it need modding
thanyou in advance to anyone who has info on this.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252141231005?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
or
03-04 SUZUKI GSXR1000 GSXR 1000 MAIN FUEL INJECTORS THROTTLE BODIES BODY GSX-R

:lol:
:eek:k:
Jason

I`ve looked at bike carbs and might go down this route due to budget realities.

You`ll need an inlet manifold and fuel regulator or low pressure pump.
Other than that its just a plumbing exercise as far as I can see.
Although I`m not sure what the ecu might do about having fault codes galore.

Does anyone have first hand experience?

I`ve just realised this is an injection set upo. so ignore most of my answer so far.. :oops:

I guess it would be the same as an itb setup.
So a piggyback ecu to control the fueling (no maf) would be necessary.

hi i have been looking into bike throttle bodys some more any advice would be welcome.
so i will tell you what im looking at and the cost if ive missed anything please tell me.
right heres the list;
suzuki GSXR 1000main fuel injectors throttle bodys ;£125.00
ford zetec inlet manifold ;£141.66
1.7 gasket manifold ;£9.99
bike carb manifold vacuum balance ;£29.14
throttle cable kit for bike carbs and throttle bodies ;£20.83
trumpets x4 ;£49.96

so total so far is ;£376.58

jason
:p
have i missed anything? if so comment below thankyou

Bogg Bros/Chester sportscars/ Dan ST inlet manifold.
Modded TPS
Omex, emerald, KMS ECU +loom
Mods to existing wiring
Air filter and backing plate
£400-£500 of mapping
Barry

we run bike carbs on our race engine .
You would ne looking at
Carbs (zx6r 37mm choke best for mods upto 180bhp)
Zx9r carbs are what we run and They are good for 200+ bhp , we tested many models of bikecarbs and these appear to produce the best figures And mid range
ge
Sets cost £100-150 from eBay or Most bike breakers

Inlet manifold- custom alloy manifolds can be bought from both bogg brothers and danst engineering £150
These Will come with a vacuum take of point for servo
Also you Will need to specify weather your running a map sensor or throttle position sensor for the écu.

As for management you can run standard management but not ideal we run omex 200 but a megajolt ecu Will do fine Also would need a vct controller if you keeping vct to map thé solinoid to open at desired engine speed £250-750 depending on what you choose

Fueling- you can run standard pump and fit a injection to carburettor regulator and set at 3-4psi which demon tweaks sell £100

Filter - you can use standard trumpet if They are supplied with carbs failing this danst engineering sell trumpet kits
You dont have to fun a filter but run the risk of foriegn objects or water betting into engine (not good)

Throttle cable - early puma cable can be used and trimmed down to size , or use a universel cable

Mapping - setup would be required to setup Fueling jet correction and Also to set up ignition mapping full set up from the company i use is £110 ab garage , deeside , north wales .

You would need to run breather pipes to catch tank

Hi Nick
I think this is a road car and although bike carbs are clean they would still struggle to get through a Cat and pass the emissions test.
Barry

I would think along as they've been setup right then They Will pass a mot emissions test as long as theres a cat fitted .

I heard from a friend who is really into bikes that he has no respect for Suzuki TB's as they are impossible to adjust properly after they have done 60000 kms. He recommends either Honda or Yamaha

Hi Sinisa
Nicks on about carbs not TBs and as far as I know Honda use Kehinin, whereas Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki all generally use Mikunis.
Barry

Latest posts

Back