Track day car

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No but plan to get the car road / track ready for next year.

tough times :lol:

well let me know if you ever get a track session booked for brands hatch and i'll see if i can pop along and take a few pics :eek:k:

I have been getting bored with the Puma so haven't really done much more here are the latest updates.

Starting stripping out the door panels and removing stereo

P1010618.jpg

Oh forgot I carbon wrapped the lower panel and also removed move of the sound deadening and cleaned it up with white spirit also fitted my battery isolator switch

P1010632.jpg

More sound deadening removed from back

P1010633.jpg

Roof lining went

P1010635.jpg

I sprayed the inside of the car - sorry forgot to take some pictures but it was not a nice experience :lol:

Decided the seatbelts needed to go so after numerous attempts trying to get resistors to work on the pre-tensioners / warning light I decided to remove the bulb as scuba steve suggested.

Dash out solder iron out and removed the offending bulb - please no nice comments about my table cloth :lol:

P1010631.jpg

P1010625.jpg

P1010643.jpg

As this has been a slow burn project - most of my work has been done over months losing interest in my project thinking of getting rid and getting a kit car, but still not sure anyway here are the results of my work so far!! - some outside pictures this time.

Some gay shots of the puma

P1010666.jpg

P1010665.jpg

P1010662.jpg

Rear view 20 mm rear spacers

P1010669.jpg

Corbeau boss seat £30 ebay bargain from Corbeau clearance down in kent. Cost £350 new weighs 13 kg forza's are 12 kg.Temp measure until I get some proper competition seats.Got another set of corbeau subframes for a good price . I have a spare drivers side one which I might sell if anyone is interested .

P1010651.jpg

Aerial removed and hole filled in graphics used to cover atm looks much more smoother

P1010663.jpg

TRS wheel brace Strap+ inside view

P1010652.jpg

After the sound deadening stripping the inside has been painted with Pacific Green was tempted to go black Rear view of 3 point harnesses I know one is twisted lol
Also just got the nuts for my harness hoops so they don't hang down like in the pic. The welded in loop for seatbelt mounting on the corbeau subframes isn't big enough for the seatbelt hoop to clip in. A separate harness loop has to be fitted or a loop bolted to the floor near the handbrake.
As I had over come the pre-tensioners light issue I removed all the seatbelt mechanism so saved quite a bit more weight.

P1010656.jpg

Carbon panel is a temp measure as I am making up a set of dials not decided on whether to mount my dials where the stereo went or to take the air vents out of the dash

P1010660.jpg

More carbon for fuse box cover

P1010650.jpg

Next bits are -

Dash - getting flocked maybe cut down the dash
OMP / RMD dished steering wheel
Coil overs - GAZ
New Tyres
Battery relocation - still thinking this one out whether a gel battery is worth the weight reduction and money.
Cage - going for the CL2 safety devices but need to talk to Ollie at OC about this.

Was thinking about refitting my stereo , in two minds as it adds weight , it only weighs 3.4 kg.

P1010673.jpg

Back