Urgent help! My Air Con has stopped working!! : (

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dansync

Hi, Im in desperate need of some advice. Yesterday my Air con stopped working. I started the car and I heard a rumbling noise which was not the engine. It didnt help that the car started with the fan on full blast but I immediately thought I hope that's not the air con gone. Sure enough the air refused to cool during my whole 30 minute journey.

The problem is definitely not the heating control as the heater works when switched to hot and then goes back to normal air flow when switched to cold. The issue is just the air cooling is simply not working.

I don't think its a gas issue either as right up until it broke the air was freezing ice cold.

The Heating control valve has been replaced on this car in the past so I'm stumped as to what else it could be and praying its a common and a somewhat easy fix. Air con is one of the most used things in my car and would never choose to own a car that didnt have it.

Hoping someone out there has some ideas i would be so grateful.

Many thanks

Oh really? In your experience is that hard/expensive to have replaced? Thanks for the help

Back