What will the brake upgrade do to our Puma?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle.Le

as above,

what will the brake upgrade do to our car in relation to how the car drives etc?

hope the above makes sense as what I think and what I type sometimes mean 2 different things lol :cool:

Michelle x

it'll stop bloody quick, look better and depending if you drive as though you've stolen it, the brakes wont fade.
more unsprung weight though so you could argue its detrimental to speed/handling.

If you don't drive the car particulary hard, it's probably an unnecessary upgrade. The standard brakes will start to fade, but only after you've given them a bit of abuse.

I do see what you mean Neil, my husband drives it a lot better than me, so with a little practice i'm sure i'll get it to its full potential.

Its the short shift gearbox that gets me, i'm been used to driving a Mondeo 2.5 v6 for the last 5 months!

I've only had the Puma 2 weeks Thursday.

Michelle x

Might increase you're insurance premium as well remember, or void it if you don't tell them and want to claim ;)

I added the Fiesta ST brakes and haven't noticed any difference in the handling even though the new calipers etc did add quite a bit of weight, as for fuel consumption mine gets driven hard so have very poor consumption anyway but haven't noticed it getting any worse.

I phoned my insurance company to let them know that I upgraded the brakes, their system didn't give them the option to list the new calipers etc, the only change they could add to their system was that I had changed to vented/grooved discs, didn't add anything to my premium and keeps me in their good books.

Back